Secret Food Tours Tokyo w/ Private Tour Option
Located north-east of the heart of Tokyo, Ueno has been a perfect destination for those who desire good food and cultural exploration. What makes Ueno distinctively unique is its dynamic blend of contrasts; chaos and serenity, urban development and natural beauty, modernity and tradition, common touch and nobility.
Ueno Park is located on what was once the grounds of the largest, most prestigious temple in Edo (old Tokyo), from the the 17th to 19th century. It is one of the most beloved cherry-blossom viewing spots in Tokyo. Local Japanese and tourists flock together for shopping and eating at its nearby district Ameyoko, where you will find a countless number of unique bars and dining places.
While tasting the foods and enjoying the atmosphere of the area, you will find yourself becoming welcomed as a local in this friendly community.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- 3 to 3 ½ hours guided food tour with 9 stops and 6 tastings.
- A passionate and experienced local english speaking guide.
- Great insight about local food, history, and culture.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ameyoko Shopping Street, Ueno, Taito Tokyo Prefecture
Popular indoor-outdoor market with many shops selling everything from food & gifts to apparel.
Pass By: Gaado Shita, 1-2 Kajicho, Chiyoda 101-0044 Tokyo Prefecture
An area under elevated train tracks. It's the Japanese term for "under the girders".
Pass By: Ueno Park, Uenokoen, Taito 110-0007 Tokyo Prefecture
A spacious public park in the Ueno district of Taitō, Tokyo, Japan. Ueno Park is also celebrated in spring for its cherry blossoms and hanami.
Pass By: Ueno Toshogu Shrine, 9-88 Uenokōen, Taito City, Tōkyō-to 110-0007, Japan
A shrine in the time honored Japanese religion of Shinto and was built and dedicated in 1627 to the memory of Tokugawa Ieyasu (1542 - 1616), the founder of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
Pass By: Kiyomizu Kannon-do, 1-29, Uenokoen, Taito 110-0007 Tokyo Prefecture
Storied center for Buddhist worship & prayer in revered surroundings with tranquil landscaping.
Departure Point :Ueno Station, 7 Chome-1 Ueno, Taito City, Tokyo 110-0005, Japan
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable foot wear
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.