See the World's Biggest Amber Reserve - Amber Mine Private Tour from Kaliningrad
On this tour visit Yantarny - a small village in the Kaliningrad region, which is very important to the local economy because it is the centre of the world’s amber production. Yatarniy is famous for its wide and sandy beaches, sea lagoons and deep water fresh lake, but as well it is the only place in the world where you can find amber under your feet. You’ll see the huge amber pit where 90% of world amber is producing.
• Visit Yantarny - world's biggest and best amber reserve nearby Kalininghdad
• Visit the observation platform of the Amber Combine
• Learn the history of amber since ancient times till today at the Demonstration Hall of the Amber Combine
• Sit on the "Amber Throne"
• Admire the "Amber Pyramid" - 800 kg of the sunstone
• Take a walk through the most beautiful and cosy resort of the Kaliningrad coast - Svetlogorsk
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Driver’s services as per the program (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lookout of the Amber Plant, Yantarnyy Russia
Today visit one of the most unique places in the world - the village of Yantarny (former Palmniken), where more than 90% of the world's reserves of amber are concentrated. On this amazing 5 hour tour, our private guide will take you by car to several viewpoints of two open-cast mines, both of which actively produce amber.
Every year numerous groups of tourists come to the Amber region to get acquainted with the most ancient history of the land. The scenic platform of the only in the world "Primorsky Deposit of Amber" offers a magnificent view, presenting the amber quarry from the height of 50 m where the burnable stone is mined industrially. During the tour you will have a chance to test yourself as an amber catcher. Step on the "mini-quarry" platform and manage to find as many drops of valuable resin as you can and you will be given a certificate of the "Amber Prospector". Try on a medieval suit of armour and have a photo taken as a memento.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Amber Pyramid, Balebina St., 1, Yantarnyy 238580 Russia
On the viewing platform admire the "Amber Pyramid" - 800 kg of the sunstone, built in May 2012.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museum at the Amber Combine, Balebina St., 1, Yantarnyy 238580 Russia
The factory visit will show you how raw material is polished, shaped and prepared to be sold. You can even try to find amber yourself and take it with you as a souvenir.
The Demonstration Hall of the Amber Combine offers to see the unique samples of the sunstone, adornments and works of the stonecutters of the Amber Manufacture. You will be told about the history of mankind using amber since ancient times till today, about industrial mining, about all secrets of using amber. You will be able to touch the large nugget which is 50 million years of age. It seems unreal to take a seat on the "Amber Throne" with the amber crown on, but there are exceptions for those who believe in miracles!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Kaliningrad
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Amber Mine and Museum entrance fees (6 USD per person)
- Daily except Sundays
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.