Self guided bike tour of Transylvania
The tour applies for persons who are eager to discover the beauty of Transylvania by bike. The tour starts from Sibiu, the European Capital of Culture 2007 and ends in the same magnificent city. During the tour you will have the opportunity to see amazing UNESCO fortified churches, medieval cities, beautiful places and landscapes. You will also learn the romanian history and tradition from the peasants that are still telling stories to bring you back the atmosphere of their times.
per adult from
What's included :
- 7 nights accommodation with breakfast in local very good guesthoes (3 x in Pension Badiu Rasinari, 2 x in Pension Unglerus Biertan & 2 x in Vila Transylvania Inn in Bran)
- Professional guides for city tours in: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov
- Rented trekking bike with 3x7 gears
- Infomaterial: detailed descriptions of the day tours, city maps, Romania map and phone with Romanian number
- Luggage transport between accommodation places
- Travel-assistent (24 h Hotline)
- Airport/Trainstation transfer
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees/ Photo fees
- Dinners and Lunches
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir (available to purchase)
- Day 1: Arival in Sibiu. Then, you will be transfered to Rasinari. Accommodation with halfboard for 3 nights.
Day 2: From Rasinari you ride to Sibiel, well-known for the museum of icons painted on glass. You can take the lunch at a peasant's house or you can take the tour of Sibiel in a horse carriage. Then you can go back to Rasinari.Ca. 35 km of riding
Day 3: The journey will start with the ride to Cisnadie where you can visit the typical fortified church built by the saxons. On the way, you reach Cisnadioara, where you can admire the saxon arhitecture but also the evangelic church and the roman basilica. In the evening you return to Rasinari. Ca. 35km of riding
Day 4: You ride through the forest to Sibiu where you will learn during the city tour the main touristic objectives.Then you leave the Sibiu Region. You will visit the Biertan village that has a very well preserved fortified church, also a UNESCO Heritage. Accommodation with halfboard for 2 nights in Biertan. Ca. 10 km of riding
Day 5: From Biertan you ride to Richis, a village known in the past for its winegrowing. Then you ride to Mosna where you can visit a Biofarm. In the evening you will ride back to Biertan. Ca 40 km of riding
Day 6: Breakfast. Transfer to Sighisoara (UNESCO Heritage). You will learn more about the main cultural objectives. Then you will take the train to Brasov where you will have a city tour. After discovering the secrets of the old town you will have the transfer to Bran where you will sleep for the next 2 nights.
Day 7: You will first ride to Zarnesti where you will visit the Libearty Bear Sanctuary and have a walk through the National Park Piatra Craiului. Then you will find out the truth behind the legend of Dracula by visiting the Dracula Castle. Overnight in Bran. Ca 40km of riding
Day 8: In the morning you will ride to Rasnov where you can have a short walk to the citadel.Pick-up and transfer to Sibiu and back home.
Departure Point :Sibiu, Airport/Trainstation pick up
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Sibiu, Airport/Trainstation drop off
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Accommodation in double-room with bathroom
- If you prefer single room, supplement 190 EUR
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.