Semana Santa Palm Sunday Traditions
This tour, by Due South Travels, will give you a thorough understanding of the deep-rooted tradition of Holy Week processions here in Antigua, Guatemala. We will discuss the history, the processional items that you see and their significance, the process of making carpets, and then we'll explore some of the processional routes! The Palm Sunday processions are beautiful and offer a unique experience to see the carpet making in progress and learn a bit more about the specifics of the Easter week celebrations here in Antigua. It is an experience that we offer only once per year.
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Snacks - There will be opportunity to buy refreshments and snacks during the tour.
- Gratuities are always appreciated
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central Park, 4 Avenida Sur, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
We will meet in Central Park, walk the processional routes and discuss carpet making and the traditions you see during Semana Santa, and then create our own beautiful carpet!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Central Park, 4 Avenida Sur, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.