Semi-Private Full Day Tour with Early Entrance Vatican and Colosseum Underground
Enjoy the privileges of a Small Group of 6 people maximum, providing you with a high quality Semi-Private experience of an amazing Full-Day Roman excursion, inclusive of the Vatican Museums and the Colosseum Underground. At the top of the day you will enjoy Early Entrance to the Sistine Chapel, witnessing its wondrous Michelangelo frescoes free from the daytime crowds, following which you will tour the vast and rich Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica. In the second half of the day you will skip the long lines at the Colosseum and enjoy exclusive access to its Underground cells and Arena floor, explore the wonders of the Roman Forum, and also take a luxurious ride through Rome's historic center to admire the Eternal City's most iconic monuments: the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon. A one-of-a-kind Roman day, with our top rated guides and the luxury of a semi-private group of only 6 people!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide dedicated to a maximum of six people
- Access to Colosseum underground level, arena floor and upper tier
- 1.5 hour Chaffeur Service from Vatican to Colosseum, going through the heart of Rome
- Early Entrance to the Sistine Chapel before the daytime crowds
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Rise early and meet your guide at the Vatican Museums. Before entering, get a fascinating introduction to the history of the Sistine Chapel and its extraordinary art from your expert guide. Your guide will explain all the details of the chapel while you are still outside as it is strictly forbidden to speak inside the Chapel. Then, head inside and enter the world-famous Sistine Chapel a full hour before the main, daytime crowds are allowed to enter. As one of the first visitors of the day, make the most of this hallowed sanctuary. Gaze in awe at its two Michelangelo masterpieces — the sublime Creation of Adam ceiling fresco, and the breathtaking Last Judgment.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
From here, explore the art-stuffed halls of the Vatican Museums, taking in the Gallery of Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries and Raphael Rooms as your guide details the highlights of this priceless art collection, amassed by popes through five centuries.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Next, visit spectacular St Peter’s Basilica, seeing its dome and Michelangelo’s La Pietà. Learn all about the history of the world's largest Church, and take your time to really grasp its grandeur.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rome, Rome, Lazio
Next, ride a taxi to Rome’s historical center on us. Here, stroll the charming streets to see the 2nd-century Pantheon and throw a coin in Trevi Fountain before enjoying free time for lunch (own expense) and continuing to the Colosseum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
The Colosseum draws big crowds, so your skip-the-line ticket and the company of your local expert guide is a great bonus. Bypass the main entrance lines and dive into three of the monument’s limited-access areas. Descend to the underground level, open only to a limited number of people daily, and explore the dungeons where gladiators and animals were kept before being hurled into the arena. Continue to the arena floor and hear about the gory battles staged here as your guide points out the areas of original flooring. Finally, visit the Colosseum’s upper tier to ogle the epic views of the arena below. Then, walk up nearby Palatine Hill, and hear about Rome’s ancient origins before exploring the Roman Forum below. Inspect the main ruins of this ancient area and then end your tour after saying goodbye to your guide.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Forum Sancti Petri, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please be aware, due to these unprecedented times and unexpected regulation changes, some areas may not be accessible if the venue can not guarantee social distancing for this part of the tour.
- The colosseum currently guarantees special access to the arena floor which is off limits to the general public. The arena area is where the gladiator fights took place and also gives you the closest view of the underground area possible
- Due to extreme weather conditions, the Colosseum Administration may limit access to some or all of the restricted areas (Colosseum, Arena Level and Third Tier), to ensure security of its visitors. No refund will be granted on these rare occasions.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Knees and shoulders must be covered in order to enter places of worship.
- Occasionally the basilica may be closed due to last minute private events outside of the tour operators control and often without notice. In these uncommon circumstances the tour will operate as usual and the time spent inside the basilica will be enjoyed by an extended tour in an alternate area
- UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the LivItaly exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum's administration and security policy of that day in accordance to adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- GENERAL ENTRY: Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and has always been sustainable. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.