Seven Churches of Revelation
While the rest of the New Testament is comprised of narratives and instructional letters, the last book (The Book of Revelation) is an apocalyptic work consisting of visions and predictions of future dramatic events. It also uses a great deal of symbolic language. Interpreting The Book of Revelation is a task that has occupied biblical scholars for centuries. This unforgettable tour offers you the opportunity to visit the locations of all seven “Churches of Revelation” that are mentioned in the The Book of Revelation’s, opening chapters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Arrival, departure airport transfers
- Transportation in non-smoking mini/midi bus with professional guide and experienced driver.
- 2 Nights accommodation at selected category 3/4 star or boutique hotel
- 2 Breakfast & 3 Lunch
- All of the excursions mentioned in the schedule
- All of the meal mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch)
- Services charges and local taxes
What's excluded :
- International airfare to Turkey.
- Domestic flight tickets
- Drinks, Visas, personal expenses, porters, optional tips.
- Day 1 Izmir, Ephesus and Leodicea
You’ll be met at Izmir Airport, and driven to Ephesus, one of the most important of the “Seven Churches of Revelation”. A walking tour features the Celsus, Library, Odeon, Double Church (site of the Third Ecumenical Council held in 431) and the “Marble Road”. Then we visit St. John’s Basilica and the shrine of the Virgin Mary where St. John brought Mary in the fulfillment of his pledge to Jesus to protect her, and from where it is believed that she was taken into heaven. After lunch, we continue to Leodicea, another of the Seven Churches that was twice visited by St. Paul. Then we continue to Pamukkale for the night. (L)
Day 2 Heiropolis, Pamukkale, Sardis, Philadelphia, Thyatira, Pergamum
This morning we depart for the ancient spa city of Hierapolis, home of Philip the Evangelist. Then we’ll enjoy a break among the glistening white calcium terraces of Pamukkale, before proceeding to Philadelphia. Here in the youngest of the “Seven Churches of Revelation”, we’ll visiting the remains of its early Christian church and still-standing city walls. Afterwards, we visit the ancient Lydian capital of Sardis and the ruins of its famous church–another of the “Seven Churches”. We then proceed to Thyatira, and on to ancient Pergamum, where we spent the night. (B, L)
Day 3 Pergamon, Izmir
After breakfast we motor tor Pergamum (Bergama), the place that St. John referred to as where “Satan’s throne is sited”. Our sightseeing tour includes a visit to the Church of Pergamum, the Red-Court, and the Acropolis. After lunch, we drive to Izmir (Smyrna), the city that was a recipient of a letter from St Paul praising its early believers for their faithfulness. After visiting to St. Polycarp Church and a brief city tour, you will be transferred to the airport to board your flight home, or from where you extend your trip with one of our short stay packages or other escorted tours. (B, L)
Departure Point :Izmir International Airport, Izmir and Kusadasi Hotels
Departure Time :Everyday Between 8am and 9am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.