Shanghai's Century-Old Road Walking tour
Tucked between ritzy new Xintiandi and the old international center in "The Bund" lies a slice of Shanghai's history, Yuyuan Road. Preserved for posterity and imbued with the richness of local life from a century ago, this magical street will take you back in time to an experience of local life before China's "economic miracle." Along the tour, you will not just walk through this street as a passive observer, but through the expert storytelling of our experienced local guides, feel like you have been thrust into the legends, myths, and romances for which Yuyuan Road has gained its reputation.
Highlights of the Tour:
Dongzhujun's former residence
Yuyuan Public Market
Yuyuan Department Store
Meeting Point: New World Shanghai Hotel Lobby, near Zhongshan Park Metro Station Exit 5 (Line2/3/4)
Address: 1555 Dingxi Road, Shanghai, China
per adult from
What's included :
- a bowl of Huntun in Public Market
- a glass of beer
What's excluded :
Meet your local English-speaking guide at the New World Shanghai Hotel Lobby to start the discovery of the historical Yuyuan Road. Strolling down tranquil alleyways lined with plane trees shade, you will merge in century-old exotic buildings one after another carrying numerous celebrities stories-- stories of love, death, gossip, devotion, betrayal...You will witness how a demolished neighborhood has been turned into a public market with street art, taste delicious wonton soup and local snack, learn about the tech revolution of grocery shopping. The tour will end in front of a marvelous French mansion with a chilling drink (included), leaving you in the relaxing vibe of this legendary area of the city.
• Zhongshan Park, Zhongshan Park, Shanghai
• Shanghai Children’s Museum, No.61 Songyuan Road, Changning District, Shanghai 200336 China
Departure Point :1555 Dingxi Rd, Zhong Shan Gong Yuan, Changning Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200042
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.