Shivpuri hiking leads towards the top of Shivpuri hill perched at the elevation of 2563 meters near Bagdwar which is origin source of the sacred Bagmati River. Shivpuri hike grants opportunity to relish on the gifted beauty of nature on its rustic form along with the lush Shivpuri national park that covers the area of 159 square kilometers and is a haven for 129 species of mushrooms, 2122 species of fauna along being the breeding center for bird species. Shivpuri hike offers added bonus of visiting Nagi Gompa which is also the meditative hub.
Shivpuri Hiking begins from the Budhanilkantha; religious hub hosting the biggest stone statue of leaning Bishnu on the water pond, after the short drive from Kathmandu city and passes through the dense forest of the Shivpuri national park and heads to the top of the hill where Nagi Gompa dwells.
per adult from
1 day 6 hours
What's included :
- Private Transportation on car
- Entrance Fee
- Professional English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Private Expenses
- Travel and Medical Expenses
- Tips to guide and driver
- Anything not specified in cost include sections
After breakfast at the hotel. Check-out at the hotel and drive for about 1 hour to reach Budhanilkantha then we walk through Shivpuri National park to reach Nagi Gompa; nun monastery then ascend on the right to reach Shivpuri hill passing Bagdwar and spend few hours at the top of the hill relishing on the tranquil atmosphere then retrace the same trail to arrive at Budhanilkantha to catch the vehicle for return drive to Kathmandu for overnight stay at the hotel.
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from the hotel and drive you to our office Langtang Ri Trekking and Expedition for the preparation of the day hiking.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.