Shore excursion from Civitavecchia Port Rome Food Tour
Italy is known abroad for its rich history and for good food.
Each region, and more specifically, each city in Italy has its own history and its own food culture. Thanks to this tour you will discover some of the typical roman food. Disembark from your cruise ship and meet our staff ready to drive you in the Eternal City!
Book this tour and taste the typical Roman street food while walking through the centuries of Roman history. Our guide will accompany you in the characteristic streets of Trastevere, Campo de' Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Escort
- Round trip transfer
- Pickup and drop-off
- Street Food
- Small group limited to a maximum of 14 people
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
Tasting typical local food, you will visit Trastevere a picturesque medieval area located on the west bank of the Tiber. The area escaped the grand developments which changed the face of central Rome, and is a charming place to wander, eat or relax.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
With its showy fountains, baroque palazzi and colourful cast of street artists, hawkers and tourists, Piazza Navona is central Rome's elegant showcase square. Built over the 1st-century Stadio di Domiziano, it was paved over in the 15th century and for almost 300 years hosted the city's main market.
Along the streets of Ancient Rome you could easily find numerous “friggitorie”, shops of fried food. Nearby the Navona Square you will taste one of the most famous roman food: the Supplì! Fried rice, giblets, tomato, mozzarella cheese, Parmisan cheese.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Piazza di Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Rome Italy
The Piazza Campo dei Fiori, which was once a field of flowers, and thus the name, was paved in 1456 under Pope Callistus III. Public executions took place in this square, which is nowadays commemorated by the impressive statue of Giordano Bruno, in the centre of the piazza.
After visiting Campo de' Fiori you will have a break to taste a second course served in an alternative way. Taste a savoury codfish's fillet or a tasty pizza sandwich filled with typical second course of roman cuisine. Continue walking, you will be attracted by the smell of one of the most famous bakery in Rome, the Roscioli bakery where you will taste the typical pizza and mortadella.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ghetto Ebraico, Piazza delle Cinque Scole, 00186 Rome Italy
The Roman Ghetto or Ghetto of Rome was a Jewish ghetto established in 1555 in the Rione Sant'Angelo, in Rome, Italy, in the area surrounded by present-day Via del Portico d'Ottavia, Lungotevere dei Cenci, Via del Progresso and Via di Santa Maria del Pianto, close to the River Tiber and the Theatre of Marcellus.
Here you will end your tour with a delicious characteristic Jewish dessert.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.