Shore Excursion: San Felipe Fortress and Banana Plantation
At the entrance of lake Izabal Spaniards built a fortress to protect the silver mint factory from the Pirates. The remains have a history of gun, bottles
and romance, the pirates loved to destroy the fortress and steal the silver.
To reach the lake you will go trough the " Del Monte" pineapple plantation and the "Chiquita Banana" Plantation. The boat ride to the fortress trough the mangroves and marines is very relaxing.
per adult from
What's included :
- Blue Badge guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Castillo de San Felipe de Lara
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Step back into a time when marauding pirates used to terrorize the Caribbean. Set on the shores of Lake Izabal, the largest lake in Guatemala, the Castillo de San Felipe is on the UNESCO World Heritage Site Tentative List. Built during the time of Spanish dominance (1524-1821), you’ll learn of this fort’s importance in defending warehouses filled with goods entering from or leaving for Spain.
The tour continues to a banana plantation where you’ll see and learn how the bananas are selected and prepared for export all over the world.
At the largest bridge of Central America you will board a boat to tour a beautiful lazy river in your way to the San Felipe fortress visiting "Susana la Laguna" where the rich and famous build their homes.
Departure Point :From our both inside the building cruise terminal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.