Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Colombo
(SKU: LK60010700 ) During this full day tour to Sigiriya, you will visit a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site! Enter into a kingdom hailed as one of the greatest in Sri Lanka’s history. Later, visit Sigiriya Village and enjoy the traditional way of living in Sri Lanka and village culture. After the formalities you will be escorted to your vehicle and proceed as per the itinerary to Sigiriya
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Colombo.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Village tour with village lunch.
- Entrance ticket to Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Water bottle (Per person).
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya Craft Village
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks where not specified.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Rising from the central plains, the iconic rocky outcrop of Sigiriya is perhaps Sri Lanka's single most dramatic sight. Near-vertical walls soar to a flat-topped summit that contains the ruins of an ancient civilisation, thought to be once the epicentre of the short-lived kingdom of Kassapa, and there are spellbinding vistas across mist-wrapped forests in the early morning.
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sigiriya Craft Village, Kimbissa, Sigiriya Sri Lanka
The trek begins with an awesome walk along a bund of a “Wewa” or man-made reservoir. Thereafter you will enjoy a bullock cart ride while enjoying sightseeing of the rural village life. Your next phase of adventure will be a “catamaran safari” (double-paired canoe joined together with seating facility) at the scenic lake.
Finally, enjoy traditional lunch at a local house prepared by the village women (at your own cost). This is arranged on a typical & traditional buffet style (clay pots – buffet) served on a lotus leaf and a cane thatched flat holder. You will also have the opportunity to witness the traditional meal preparation methods by the local women and to partake on the preparation of a curry. At the end, visitors will be having a tuk-tuk (three wheeler) tour back to the starting point. The total tour will be 8km.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in ColomboPorts
- Port of Colombo, 19 Chaithya Rd, Colombo 00100, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.