Sigiriya Village Tour and Lunch from Dambulla
(SKU: LK60050200)This private village tour gives you a chance to experience traditional Sri Lanka with all its authenticity. Spend time with the villagers and engage in many village activities that form everyday life; such as an oxen cart ride, a catamaran ride, and a walk through the fields. Learn to cook traditional Sri Lankan food. You will finish off with an exceptionally delicious buffet lunch, served in classic Sri Lankan style. This is your truly Sri Lankan holiday experience.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Authentic Sri Lankan village lunch
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- Local guide
- Cooking demonstration on traditional Sri Lankan food
- Oxen cart ride
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya Craft Village
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya Craft Village, Kimbissa, Sigiriya Sri Lanka
You will have a 15-minute oxen cart ride, ending at the banks of an artificial reservoir.
From this point,you will continue on to a 15-minute traditional catamaran ride. The area has many types of aquatic and plant life.
Sri Lanka dependent on the two major monsoon rain periods that take the place of winter.The walk through the fields will allow you to see the paddy cultivation first-hand.
You will then move back to the village and be introduced to a local,who will give you a half hour cooking demonstration on traditional Sri Lankan cooking.
Lunch will be a buffet of perfectly cooked rice with 6 traditionally cooked Sri Lankan curries and fresh fried fish.You will be eating on woven trays with clean lotus leaves on top.Your food which will be cooked in the traditional way,in clay pots over wood fires.
After a rather relaxing meal,You can spend some time in the village at your ease.Your tour guide will finish off your tour at.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Dambulla
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.