Sigiriya Village Tour Including Traditional Sri Lankan Lunch
This 3-hour private village tour gives you a chance to experience traditional Sri Lanka with all its authenticity. Spend time with the villagers and engage in many village activities that form everyday life; such as an oxen cart ride, a catamaran ride, and a walk through the fields. Learn to cook traditional Sri Lankan food. You will finish off with an exceptionally delicious buffet lunch, served in classic Sri Lankan style. This is your truly Sri Lankan holiday experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off by Tuk Tuk from a hotel in Dambulla or Sigiriya.
- Authentic Sri Lankan village lunch.
- Local guide.
- Oxen cart ride.
- Traditional catamaran safari.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sigiriya Craft Village, Kimbissa, Sigiriya Sri Lanka
You will be starting your Village Tour at 10:30 am. You will be provided with directions to the village, where you will be met by your tour guide at the time of starting. You will have a quick walk around the village while your guide tells you more about village life.
You will begin the first of your activities at approximately 10:45 am. The oxen cart is commonly used as the primary mode of transport in Sri Lankan villages. You will have a 15-minute oxen cart ride, ending at the banks of an artificial reservoir.
From this point, you will continue on to a 15-minute traditional catamaran ride. The area has many types of aquatic and plant life. You may be able to catch sight of an occasional crocodile or water monitor as you glide along. Another possible sighting are cormorants and other waterbirds. After you enjoy your time with nature, you will be deposited on a bank adjoining some paddy fields.
Stop At: Sigiriya, Sigiriya, Central Province
These seasonal paddy cultivations, also called ‘Chena’ cultivations, are dependent on the two major monsoon rain periods that take the place of winter in Sri Lanka. The walk through the fields will allow you to see the paddy cultivation first-hand.
You will then move back to the village and be introduced to a local, who will give you a half-hour cooking demonstration on traditional Sri Lankan cooking. The demonstration will also allow you to make your own attempt at cooking a Sri Lankan dish.
You will be having lunch right after at 12:15 pm. Lunch will be a buffet of perfectly cooked rice with 6 traditionally cooked Sri Lankan curries and fresh fried fish. You will also have a green salad and crunchy papadum, practically an essential addition for meals in most Sri Lankan and Indian homes. You will be eating on woven trays with clean lotus leaves on top. Your food which will be cooked in the traditional way, in clay pots over wood fires.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.