Skip the line Doge's Palace Guided Walking Tour in Venice
The Doges Palace, once the home of the Duke of Venice and seat of all important political decisions during the period of the Serenissima. Listen to your informative guide as you pass through its lavish chambers, with paintings by Tintoretto and Titian. Cross over the bridge of Sighs and through its prisons coming out into a breathtaking courtyard.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines (summer)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Ponte dei Sospiri
- Entry/Admission - Museo Correr
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Meet your professional guide in Saint Mark's Square who will escort you into this magnificent palace, to visit the halls of power, and immerse yourself in medieval Europe, among hundreds of masterpieces.
Dominating Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, the Doge's Palace stands out for its size and its extraordinary structure, where Byzantine, European and Oriental architecture collide.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
Immediately entering the Palace you will pass through the great courtyard and admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Once inside the Palace, you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his Council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, whilst surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire the paintings realised by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, amongst them, the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30100 Venice Italy
Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. The bridge was given its name by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the last breath of the prisoners, who had their last view of the lagoon and of Venice from the window of this bridge, before they were to be imprisoned.
This guided tour concludes in the courtyard of the Doge's Palace. Here it will be possible for you to stay longer inside the Palace absorbing the history and mystery of days gone by.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit on your own: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square, opposite side of the Saint Mark's Basilica.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1256, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Carta Gate, P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Large bags or backpacks are NOT allowed
- Children are free until 5 years old, from 6 they pay the full ticket (document required)
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.