Skip-the-Line Katherine Outback Experience Show Ticket
Katherine Outback Experience is owned and operated by multiple Golden Guitar winner and horseman extraordinaire Tom Curtain. The outback show provides a unique window into life on the land in outback Australia. It is ra and real with horse-starting and working dog demonstrations entwined with Australian music and humorous bush tales. There is dust and chaos, and things don't always go to plan, but that is part of the beauty of the real outback.
Katherine Outback Experience won best NT Tourist Attraction in 2018 & 2019, best NT Visitor Experience award in 2018 bronze at the 2019 National Tourism Awards.
Tom released his fourth album in November 2019 which debuted at No.1 on the Australian iTunes Country Music Charts. He has had several Chart-topping hits, together with winning two Golden Guitar Awards for his hit single Never Never Land, as well as 2018 Australian Independent Country Music Album of the Year, Artist, Male Vocalist and Single of the Year.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary
- Live entertainment
- Coffee and/or Tea - The Extended Show includes morning or afternoon tea including sweet and savoury options, juices, tea & coffee. Lactose and Gluten dietary requirements are catered for.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Katherine Outback Experience
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attraction
- Visit: Katherine Outback Experience, 115 Collins Road, Katherine, Northern Territory 0850 Australia
- Gates open 15 minutes prior to the advertised start time.
- Guests are seated in the undercover arena on elevated seating overlooking the round yard (arena 1).
- The team provides a brief introduction about our story, history and show.
- A young horse is brought into the arena and the team get to work training the horse live in front of the audience, demonstrating the art of horse-starting. We explain the psychology between man and horse, showing how we build trust through comfort bubbles. If the horse is ready to progress, we will saddle and attempt to ride it, often for the first time. No horse is used more than three times in the show.
- We then move to our more advanced horses, demonstrating what can be achieved with ongoing training and patience (we don't want to give too much away).
- Our team of station animals including a buffalo, steer, mule and donkey are brought into the arena. We share some interesting facts about the pastoral industry and adaptions of our station characters, before guests are invited to interact with the animals.
- Guests are then directed to our large arena (arena 2) where we bring out our team of amazing working dogs. They are all different ages and temperaments, mostly Border Collies. We introduce each dog before showing how we train them to work as a team. If you are in luck, you may even see them muster the cattle.
- We then show how we train horses to work cattle and explain the purpose of this.
- The show is never complete without some of Tom's original songs, performed from the saddle, with guitar in hand and often at speed.
- At the conclusion of the show, guests are invited to pat and hold any baby animals we have at the time, chat with the team and purchase merchandise including Tom's music which he will personally sign.
- Our 2.5 hour Extended Experience follows the same format as the 1.5 hour experience however the team expand on aspects of the show including the horse-starting and working dog demonstrations. It also includes 30 minutes of morning tea on Tuesdays and 30 minutes of afternoon tea on Wednesdays following the show.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Katherine Outback Experience, 115 Collins Road, Katherine, Northern Territory 0850 Australia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Recommended for all levels of mobility and age groups
- Operates in all weather conditions as the show is undercover
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 140 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are taking COVID-19 very seriously and has implemented a number of safety measures and has a Statement of Commitment issued by the Northern Territory Department of Health confirming we have been inspected and meet and exceed all minimum requirements. Please do not visit if you have been unwell.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.