Skip the Line: Mawson's Huts Replica Museum General Entry Ticket
The Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum is an exact copy of the historic huts at Cape Denison, East Antarctica, which were used as the main base for two years by the Australasian Antarctic Expedition (AAE) of 1911-14 led by Australia's great Polar explorer Dr Douglas Mawson.
Located on the Hobart water front just 150 metres from where Mawson's expedition departed on December 2 1911, the Musuem is rated on www.tripadvisor as the No 1 Museum in the city. It is also rated as one of the top 10 "Things To DO" in the Tasmanian capital.
Built and operated by Mawson's Huts Foundation, a not for profit charity established in 1997 expressly to conserve the fragile buildings that Mawson and his men occupied for two years, the Replica Museum helps to raise funds for the ongoing of the Cape Denison site. It is open 7 days a week
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Admission ticket to Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum
- Entry/Admission - Mawson's Hut Replica Museum
What's excluded :
- Visit: Mawson's Hut Replica Museum, Cnr Argyle and Morrison Streets on The Waterfront, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
The Mawson’s Huts Foundation is a not-for -profit charity established in 1997 expressly to conserve Mawson’s Huts at Cape Denison which served as the main base for two years of the 1911-14 Australasian Antarctic Expedition (AAE). The buildings have been named after the leader of the expedition Dr Douglas Mawson, a 29 year old geologist who was later knighted for his role.
Established with the full support of the Australian Government the Foundation works in partnership with the Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) which has responsibility for maintaining the huts.
Between 1997 and 2013 the Foundation raised in excess of $8 million dollars in cash and in-kind support and from this has funded and organised 10 major expeditions to Cape Denison.
Departure Point :Mawson's Hut Replica Museum, Cnr Argyle and Morrison Streets on The Waterfront, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Departure Time :4/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.