Skip the Line: Museum of Victims of Political Repression in Tashkent Ticket
The ticket allows you to enter the Museum and to get information about the victims that were repressed in the Soviet Union period.
per adult from
30 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance fee to the Museum
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - State Museum "In Memory of the Victims of Repression"
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Professional Guide
- Visit: State Museum "In Memory of the Victims of Repression", Amir Temur Street Memorial Complex "Shakhidlar Khotirasi”, Tashkent 100184 Uzbekistan
The Museum of Victims of Political Repression in Tashkent is dedicated to the memory of the people who fought for the independence of Uzbekistan and who were killed by the government. The Museum is one of the youngest museums in Uzbekistan as it was established on 31 August 2002, by the edict of President of Republic Uzbekistan Islam Karimov. The Museum was first located in a very small park area in front of the Tashkent TV tower, however, nowadays the museum has expanded rapidly, and has become part of a large memorial complex. The museum can be expressed as the sad pages of Uzbekistan's history from the mid-19th century to the second half of the 20th century.
The exhibits at the Museum of Victims of Political Repression in Tashkent are made up of photographs, documents and personal belongings of those killed. The repression started in 1860 when the Russian Empire waged a colonial war in Central Asia. The empire did not only destroy and conqueror the cities, but they also killed a huge number of people. Instead of this, the exhibits describe the time of the Soviet Union, after the October Revolution; about Stalin's regime which was one of the bloodiest periods in the history of modern Uzbekistan; and about the more than 800 criminal cases under the "Cotton case" of the late 1980s. There are maquettes of the concentration camps and prisons where prisoners lived. The biggest stand at the Museum is the 'Prison van', on which people were taken to the prison by the commissars.
Departure Point :State Museum "In Memory of the Victims of Repression", Amir Temur Street Memorial Complex "Shakhidlar Khotirasi”, Tashkent 100184 Uzbekistan
Departure Time :11/21/2019 - 10/5/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.