Skip-the-Line Saint Mark's Basilica and Doges Palace Combined Tour
Enjoy a 2 hour skip the line guided walking tour of Saint Mark's Basilica, Saint Mark's Square and the Doges Palace. Be intrigued by the fascinating history of La Serenissima and discover what it is like to live in this unique city! Walking around this open air museum our informative guide will take you to the external sights of Saint Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace, the Sansovino library, the Bell tower, the incredible legends of the Clock tower and the Bridge of sighs and its adjoining prisons.
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly when over 10 people
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Museo Correr
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drink
- Does not include the upper floor of the basilica
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Be intrigued by the fascinating history of La Serenissima and discover what it is like to live in this unique city! Walking around this open air museum our informative guide will take you to the external sights of Saint Marks Square and the Doge's Palace, the Sansovino library, the Bell tower, the incredible legends of the Clock tower and the Bridge of sighs and its adjoining prisons.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
First, skip the lines to the neighboring Doges’ Palace, the ducal seat of power during the Venetian Republic.
Admire its Byzantine architecture, passing through decorative chambers to see paintings by Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese, to name a few.
Continue down a very small passageway to cross the Bridge of Sighs from the inside, and descend into the prison cells where Casanova was incarcerated until his legendary escape.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Next, skip the long lines to St. Mark’s Basilica, which enshrines the city’s history and the relics of saints.
See stunning mosaics and gold work.
Your guide will tell you the history of the cathedral and how it was built.
Admire the masterpieces by Venetian goldsmiths.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit on your own: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square, opposite side of the Saint Mark's Basilica.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Piazzetta dei Leoncini, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: Knees and shoulders must be covered to enter into Saint Marks Basilica church;
- Large bags or ruck sacks are not allowed into Saint Marks Basilica or the Doges Palace for security reasons;
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time;
- Late arrivals, No Shows, No refund;
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to Public holidays, Religious Ceremonies, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance;
- At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Venice Events srl