Skip the Line Third Man Museum Admission Ticket Vienna
Visit the Third Man Museum during your stay in Vienna and see a vast array of artifacts relating to the international film classic "The Third Man", filmed in 1948 in Vienna. The museum is the place to go for film fans as well as for all interested in Vienna's pre- and postwar history. See the extensive exhibition within the museum that explains the historical backdrop of the film and shows many original documents from the period.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - The Third Man Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: The Third Man Museum, Pressgasse 25 Main Entrance Corner Pressgasse / Muehlgasse, Vienna 1040 Austria
See more than 2,000 originals from all over the world showing the international success of The Third Man movie and give an impression of the daily life in occupied Vienna from 1945-1955 within the museum's thirteen rooms. A complete and well rounded piece of work, the Third Man Museum contains much heart and soul. And visitors can feel it!
The museum's exhibits include:
• Original zither used by Anton Karas when recording the film music in London
• Original film scripts (from first draft to final release script)
• Camera which was rent by the Third Man film crew in Vienna for special effects
• Original cap of "Little Hansel"
• Fully functional projector "Ernemann VIIb" dating from 1936 (These machines were used to screen "The Third Man" at the opening in Vienna in 1950! We show a short film scene with it.)
• Historic film posters, lobby cards, cinema programs of premieres and re-releases from more than 30 different countries
• Sound track on shellac and vinyl; Film editions on 35/16/8mm film, laser disc, VHS, DVD, etc.
• Over 400 cover versions of the "Third Man Theme" (eg. Glenn Miller Orchestra, The Beatles)
• 100 book editions of Graham Greene’s original story from different countries incl. first prints
• And a large number of original documents from post-war Vienna (1945-55)The Third Man Museum is the project of Gerhard Strassgschwandtner and Karin Höfler. Two specialists and generalists who created the museum from scratch, including the basic concept, design, realization, marketing, catalogs, web presence and, of course, the welcoming of all the many visitors.
Departure Point :The Third Man Museum, Pressgasse 25 Main Entrance Corner Pressgasse / Muehlgasse, Vienna 1040 Austria
Departure Time :Flexible (Saturdays from 2-6pm)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Opening hours are Saturdays from 2-6pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- CLOSED between January 07 - February 28, 2019
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.