Skip the Line: Tour in Open Air Ethnographic Museum ETAR + ticket
Enjoy a day in the Open Air Ethnographic Museum ETAR. Do you want to feel the whiff of the past, to see the miraculous power of the water, flowing in a chute, to enjoy the Renaissance architecture, to observe ancient national customs, then visit the Ethnographical Open Air museum "Etar", 8 km. Southwards from the town of Gabrovo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Open Air Ethnographic Museum ETAR
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- All other expenses
- Food and drinks
- Pick up and drop off (extra charge)
- Visit: Open Air Ethnographic Museum ETAR, Gabrovo 5309 Bulgaria
The Ethnographic museum Etar is the first open air museum of this kind opened in Bulgaria. It was established on September 7th, 1964. The museum is situated 8 km South of the town of Gabrovo. The preliminary design and methodology were done by the Gabrovian Lazar Donkov (1908 - 1976) who was also the first director of the museum. "In the museum exhibitions so far the visitor was not placed in an immediate contact with the past - Mr. Donkov writes. That is how I came to the idea of establishing an active museum in the open air ... so that the past becomes visible, easy for perception and understanding and the vast national wealth in kept."
The museum territory covers an area of 7 ha and comprises 50 sites - water technical equipment, houses with craftsman's workshops, places with social importance. The aim of the museum display is showing the architecture, the life style and the economic past of Gabrovo region during the Revival period - the second half of 18 and the 19 centuries. More than 26 main crafts were developed in the town and the goods were sold in different parts of the country and in the region - Bucharest, Vienna, Marseille, Anatolia and other.
The first secular New Bulgarian school was opened in 1835. During the 30-ies of the 19th century under the favourable economic and political changes in the Ottoman empire Gabrovo grew as an important economic, educational and commercial center in the country.
The Ethnographic museum Etar was build and organazed by means of three methods;on site restoration; on site preservation; transportation of originals and restoration of buildings.
Crafts - Coppersmith's Trade, Pottery, Woodcarving, Icon painting, Cart-smithery, Furriery, Silversmith's Trade, Goat's hair processing and weaving, Musical instruments, Cutlery, Harness-making craft, Weaving, Sweet shop, Bakery, Cow-bells making, Water-powered machinery etc.
Departure Point :Open Air Ethnographic Museum ETAR, Gabrovo 5309 Bulgaria
Departure Time :Self-guided visit 4/20/2020 - 6/23/2022
Ticket + guiding 4/20/2020 - 6/23/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is an open space museum, so please wear comfy shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.