Skyline Rotorua: Half Day Adventure Pass
Conveniently located just minutes from Rotorua's City centre, high on the side of Mount Ngongotaha, Skyline Rotorua will carry you to 487 metres above sea level to a stunning environment. Providing panoramic views of Rotorua City, Lake Rotorua and the surrounding area, Skyline Rotorua is an all weather attraction, and is open every day of the year. A 900 metre long Doppelmayr cableway system with a vertical rise of 178.5 metres, is capable of carrying 2000 people an hour in eight-seater cabins.
The Luge is an exciting ride for all ages. A world 'first' proudly designed and built in Rotorua, the Luge is a fun filled ride on a three-wheel cart. The unique braking and steering system provides the rider full control and allows them to travel as fast or slow as they wish. Three separate concrete sealed tracks wind through the redwood trees. Children under six are able to be carried in tandem. Riders return to the top of the luge on a specially designed chairlift system. The Luge is an exciting ride for all ages. A world 'first' proudly designed and built in Rotorua, the Luge is a fun filled ride on a three-wheel cart. The unique braking and steering system provides the rider full control and allows them to travel as fast or slow as they wish. Three separate concrete sealed tracks wind through the redwood trees. Children under six are able to be carried in tandem. Riders return to the top of the luge on a specially designed chairlift system. Over six million riders have enjoyed the Luge ride experience to date. Full instructional information and key do's and don'ts are provided prior to riding the Luge.
Zoom Ziplines - ?A whole new way to experience Mount Ngongotaha! Our unique side by side 380 metre length ziplines allow you to race your friends at speeds of up to 80km/h. Soar metres from the treetops and feel the thrill of flying with Lake Rotorua as your backdrop. Finish your experience with a thrilling 10m freefall using our Quickjump descender, or take the stairs down.
Sky Swing Rotorua NZ - Strapped into a specially designed safety harness, swingers enjoy a thrilling and exhilarating ride fifty metres above ground level at speeds of up to 150kph. The views of Rotorua city and the surrounding lakes are spectacular, if you dare open your eyes. The Sky Swing is situated in a prime position next to the top terminal.
- Gondola Rides, 5 Luge Rides, Zoom Zipline Ride, Skyswing Ride
- Day 1 : Half Day Adventure PassLuge, zoom and swing your way through Skyline Rotorua’s adrenaline fuelled gravity rides with a Half Day Adventure Pass. Your ticket to adventure begins with a stunning Gondola ride up the side of Mount Ngongotaha, before turning up the adrenaline dial to launch into high speed action. The pass will see you battling it out against friends or family with five Luge rides, flying through the air at speeds of up to 80kph on the Zoom Zipline and swinging and spinning from massive heights on the Skyswing. The half day pass is ideal for children 5 years+ and adults, with a minimum weight of 27kgs and a maximum of 125kgsMeals :None
Gondola Operating hours: 9.00am daily until end of operation each night.
Luge Operating hours: 9am-5pm daily.
From Taupo and the south
On your approach to Rotorua, turn left into Old Taupo Road at the Waiariki Polytechnic, continue along Old Taupo Road which continues as Fairy Springs Road at the major intersection of Clayton Road and Lake Road.
Continue along Fairy Springs Road for approximately two kilometres, our entrance is sign-posted on your left hand side.
From Auckland and the north
Travel into Rotorua on SH5. We are located at the entrance of Rotorua, sign-posted on your right hand side.
Safety is Essential!
- All Luge riders must adhere to the Luge Code of Conduct, and receive a full safety briefing from our trained Luge instructors prior to their first Luge ride.
- The first ride must be on the Scenic Track to demonstrate you can handle it and are confident to take on the excitement of the Advanced Track.
- The maximum load on the chairlift is two people per chair. Follow all instructions for boarding and disembarking the chairlift. Please note that the chairlift does not stop at any time.
Left feeling a little peckish?
Stratosfare Restaurant and Bar:
Enjoy award winning dining at Skyline Rotorua’ Stratosfare Restaurant and Bar. Rotorua’ best dining experience features a stunning array of freshly prepared buffet and cooked to order dishes highlighting locally sourced seafood, meat and produce.
Experience our tasty food with all your senses in our new Market Kitchen café. Feel, hear, see, smell and taste our wide range of high quality dishes and beverages while enjoying the breath taking views. Something for everyone – from coffee to real fruit ice cream.
The freshness of ingredients and quality of food on offer is exceptional. The cade provides a relaxed alfresco dining experience with stunning views of Rotorua year round.