Small-Group 3-Hour Berlin Walking Tour of Kreuzberg 's Wild Side
Explore one of Berlin's best-known areas, Kreuzberg, on this 3-hour tour. With a small group, explore Berlin's "wild side" and learn the history of the vibrant district that was once part of the “American Zone” during the cold war. See firsthand how it's become a multicultural mecca, full hip cafes, trendy bars, clubs, and international restaurants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Break in the Market Hall
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This "walk on the wild side" begins at 10am at Kreuzberg's Kottbuser Tor, one of the multicultural hot spots in an area surrounded by alternative cafés, stylish bars, clubs, and international restaurants. With your guide and a small group, step back in time as you walk through Kreuzberg's streets. Learn about the architectural and social history of the district from the 19th century to the decadent 1970s and the present-day modern development. Hear how this vibrant neighborhood transformed from one of the poorest quarters (in the 1970s) to one of Berlin's most popular cultural centers.
Visit Oranienstrasse and explore some of Berlin's typical courtyards, hearing about their history and how they developed the fields of fashion, art, and music. See former projects where squatters lived as you walk to Mariannenplatz and visit the Arthouse Bethanien, a historic hospital building next to the former Berlin Wall. Pass by St. Thomas church, a tree house that was built next to the Berlin Wall, and urban garden projects.
Stop in the trendy Market Hall 9 to take a break and purchase a snack, see Görlitzer Park, and wander down the vibrant Wiener Street before concluding the tour at Görlitzer Bahnhof (train station) around 1pm.
Departure Point :Kottbusser Tor, Berlin
Return Detail :Görlitzer Bahnhof Subway Station (line 1), Berlin
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group tour
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.