Small-Group Cajón del Maipo Full-Day Tour and Picnic
On this full-day guided tour visit the Cajón del Maipo area, which is located in the southeast part of Santiago city, famous for its hills, massifs, estuaries and rivers. This tour is ideal for lovers of ecotourism who want to experience the tranquility and fresh mountain air. Start by having a panoramic visit of San Jose de Maipo in which you'll learn the history and the folklore of this area. Later, move on through the marvelous landscapes to get into an Ecological reservation where you can visit a minifarm with different kinds of animals like Horses, Lamas, Emu, sheep, deer, etc. Thanks to the climatic conditions this is the ideal place to enjoy the natural breeze of this region. After that depending of your option take way to natural Hotsprings of Baños Colina with a route an mountain enveroinment. By other part you can enjoy of a small trekking and a more relaxed visit of Cajon del Maipo including a city tour on San jose de Maipo, Chocolate House and the Cascaras sector
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- This tour includes English tour guide (the service can be multilingual)
- Picnic (snacks cheeses, olives, salami, wine, juices, etc)
- Entry/Admission - Embalse El Yeso
What's excluded :
- Temporary fee of $7 applied from the government to improve security measure on Embalse del Yeso Area
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cajon del Maipo, Cajon del Maipo, Santiago Metropolitan Region
Cajón del Maipo is a canyon located in the Andean southeastern portion of the Santiago Metropolitan Region. It encompasses the upper Maipo River basin, where the river has entrenched itself in a narrow valley. The zone features a series of confluent rivers such as El Volcán River, Yeso River and Colorado River, as well as other minor streams, including San Gabriel, Manzanito, Coyanco, El Sauce, El Manzano and San José. The main locality is San José de Maipo, capital of the commune that includes all of the Andean sector of the Metropolitan Region
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Camino Embalse El Yeso, San Jose de Maipo Chile
This sector actually corresponds to the “El Yeso Reservoir”, a formidable body of water located over 2,000 m.a.s.l. , it has a capacity of 250,000,000 m3, and a depth of 55 meters. In its emerald green waters, it is possible to practice various water sports such as wind-surfing and sport fishing, all surrounded by gigantic mountains.
In this place you are going to enjoy the picnic.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tunel Ferroviario del Tinoco, Camino Al Volcan, San Jose de Maipo Chile
The abandoned Tunel del Tinoco tunnels through the mountains along Camino Al Volcán, a remnant from the region’s railways days. Trains ran through the tunnel between 1914 and 1980. Now, it is completely dark, with a strange smell and a chilling past.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas, San Jose de Maipo Chile
San José de Maipo is the communal capital, where the main commercial activities of the sector are located. Its picturesque architecture rescues the classic style that gave rise to the currently existing town. You can tour your Main Square and enjoy a well-deserved rest. Here interesting artisanal samples typical of the area are installed on weekends and holidays, giving the visitor the opportunity to get a nice memory of this trip.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Villa La Obra, San Jose De Maipo, Plaza - Camino A San José de Maipo, Puente Alto, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Once we enter the G-25 route, the first town we will know is La Obra, this sector had its beginnings in 1802 because of the tasks that were carried out during the construction of the San Carlos canal, whose mouth was born in the Maipo river.
Pass By: El Canelo, San José de Maipo, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Our next destination corresponds to the town of El Canelo, which owes its name to the sacred tree of the Mapuches, which is also found in the wet streams existing in the sector. From here you can access the Purgatory Hill with 2,466 meters high and also enjoy wines and spirits from the area.
Pass By: Avenida el Manzano, Av. el Manzano, Los Peumos, San José de Maipo, Región Metropolitana, Chile
El Manzano is the fourth town that we can find in the Cajon del Maipo. It offers to the visitors sectors that invite to travel between boldos, thorns and quillayes, the estrus existing in the sector.
Pass By: Las Vertientes, San José de Maipo, Región Metropolitana, Chile
It is the second town we will visit, its dawn dates back to 1941 as a result of the lot of an old farm. Currently typical products such as almonds, honey, nuts and quartz crystals, meet the visitor at the sides of the road
Pass By: San Alfonso, San José de Maipo, Región Metropolitana, Chile
The identity of this town encourages visitors to enjoy their beautiful natural surroundings more and more peacefully, which in some sectors is confused with the picturesqueness of their local architecture. In addition to enjoying wines and spirits from the Area
Pass By: San Gabriel, San Jose de Maipo, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
San Gabriel emerged as a small village born from livestock activities and the exploitation of quarries and mines. In this town it is possible to observe on the rocky slopes of the hills the "Cypress of the Cordillera", one of the few existing confieras in the country. A great attraction are “Los rodados de San Gabriel”
Pass By: El Melocotón, San José de Maipo, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Locality that arose from the need to have natural pastures to feed the animals that came down from the mountain range. In this place you can enjoy a beautiful landscape that invites you to travel and enter the sector to enjoy more full contact with nature
Pass By: Santiago, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region
Departure from Santiago city
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your Santiago accommodations in the districts of Providencia, Las Condes (hotels area), Vitacura (hotels area) , or Santiago Centro, or at another meeting point in those districtsDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Assumes no responsibility for events that are not attributable whatsoever to the tour like disease, strikes, weather conditions, natural disasters, riots or any other cause beyond our control
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.