Small-Group Cappadocia Tour: Devrent Valley, Monks Valley and Open Air Museum in Goreme
Wonder at the natural and man-made treasures of Cappadocia on this full-day tour! Mother Nature has turned the region’s volcanic hills into crowds of bizarrely shaped cones and pinnacles that almost defy belief. Traveling by air-conditioned coach, head into the extraordinary landscapes to ogle the weird formations of the Devrent Valley and Pasabag. After an included lunch and time at a pottery workshop in Avanos, visit the Göreme Open-Air Museum to see its fresco-coated, rock-cut chapels.
Enjoy personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 20 people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pottery-making class
- Entry/Admission - Goreme National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Entrance Fee for Dark Church
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Devrent Valley, Devrent Mevkii No:1 Urgup Yolu, 50500 Turkey
After pickup from your Cappadocia hotel in the morning, travel to the extraordinary Devrent Valley to see its clustered collections of volcanic cones, pinnacles and other unique rock formations. Learn about the fascinating erosion process that has sculpted these strangely shaped rocks from your guide.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pasabag, Urgup Turkey
Continue to Pasabag, also known as Monks Valley, where bizarre, mushroom-shaped rock pinnacles rear up from the surrounding vineyards. Take photos of these surreal formations and hear how hermits and monks once made shelters in their cones.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Avanos, Avanos, Cappadocia
Next, head to Avanos, where you will participate in a pottery-making workshop. Admire the dexterity of the potters at work, and take the opportunity to spin and create your own pottery masterpiece as you learn more about one of Turkey's oldest crafts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Goreme National Park, Goreme 50180 Turkey
Stop for lunch at a restaurant near the UNESO World Heritage Site that is the Göreme Open-Air Museum. Then, after your included lunch, head inside this spectacular museum to see its ancient, rock-hewn churches, chapels and monasteries. Admire the artistry of their long-ago sculptors and marvel at the delicate frescoes that still coat some of the inner walls.
After your visit, return to your coach and finish your tour with a drop-off at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.