Small-Group Gourmet Food and Market Tour of the Bastille District in Paris
Explore Paris’ colorful Bastille district on a 3-hour food tour led by an expert food-loving guide! Spreading out into three Paris arrondissements, the Bastille area is best known for being a hotbed of history, but the area is also an up-and-coming foodie paradise. Visit gourmet delicatessens, patisseries, wine bars and, of course, the must-see Marché d’Aligre. This bustling market boasts a treasure trove of specialist food stalls with quality French produce at bargain prices – perfect for all your gastronomic needs!
This small-group food tour is limited to just eight people, ensuring you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- 6 food tastings
- 1 wine tasting
- Entry/Admission - Place de la Bastille
- Entry/Admission - Marche d'Aligre
What's excluded :
- Your 3-hour tour starts in the heart of Paris’ Bastille district, home to one of the most authentic and traditional Parisian markets – Marché d’Aligre. After meeting your knowledgeable guide, set off on a leisurely walking tour around the area, visiting quality artisan delicatessens and off-the-beaten-path sights, as well as the famous market itself.
Venture inside some of Paris’ best patisseries to sample exquisite French pastries and chocolates, and head to an iconic wine bar that is known for serving fresh oysters alongside crisp glasses of muscadet wine. Throughout your small-group tour, you’ll enjoy six different food tastings in gourmet shops and at the market.
Marché d’Aligre lies right in the heart of the Bastille district, and is sure to be the highlight of your morning. Consisting of two parts -- a covered area called Marché Beauveau and an open-air square -- the cosmopolitan market is huge and knowing what spots to visit can be tricky. Luckily, your expert guide will be there to show you to the best stalls! You’ll also have time to browse the market independently, shopping for all your gourmet desires.
Before your tour ends, your guide will introduce you to a little-known elevated garden walkway that was created from old train tracks. This gorgeous garden is a real insider’s secret, and you’ll finish your tour feeling like you know the captivating Bastille district just like a food-loving local.
Departure Point :Place de la Bastille, Paris, France
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.