Small Group Guided Tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
This Vatican tour (MAX 15 PEOPLE) to the Vatican museums and Sistine Chapel will allow you to avoid the long lines with the advantage of a priority entry.
Vatican Tour – Four Centuries of papal patronage have resulted in one of the world’s significant collections of Classical and Renaissance art. we can offer a complete highlight guided tour through the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. Experience the ancient Roman and Greek statuary collection from Renaissance popes, the Belvedere Courtyard, the Hall of the Muses, the circular room with a colossal statue of Hercules, the Greek cross room with Constantine’s sarcophagus, the gallery of maps overlooking the Vatican Gardens, and Michelangelo’s breathtaking “Last Judgment” in Sistine Chapel. You will journey through history, hear the secrets enveloping the Catholic Church, and fascinating stories of rivalries from Renaissance artists. The Vatican Tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica. (Vatican Tour kids-friendly)
per adult from
2 hours 3 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Vatican Museum Small group tour
- Professional, art historian, English speaking guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Priority access to St.Peter's Basilica
- Assistance on site and from our office near the Vatican
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican City, Vatican City, Lazio
Introduction to the Vatican History.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The 110 acres that comprise the Vatican City are home to some of the most famous tourist destinations in the world. The global centre of the Catholic religion attracts millions of fervent religious supporters and interested visitors each year. As you pass the famed Pontifical Swiss Guard, the Pope’s security force since 1505, you’ll enter perhaps the most recognizable plaza in the Western world: St. Peter’s Square.
Given the Vatican’s importance as a religious and historical destination, it’s no surprise that it is consistently brimming with tourists. Attractions like the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel regularly have long lines for entrance, and papal addresses are heard by thousands of people beneath the window of the Apostolic Palace.
Throughout history, wealthy and famous visitors have presented the Popes with some of the most important works of art in Western history. These include multiple sculpture museums with special galleries dedicated to statues, busts, and masks. Even more impressive is the collection of paintings with works by Da Vinci, Bellini, Titian, and a suite of rooms dedicated to the frescoes of Raphael.
Thoroughly educated in the history of these masterpieces, our guides will take you on an intimate tour of the Vatican Museums, leading you directly to the most consequential works and offering valuable information along the way.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel has drawn admirers from around the world for over five hundred years, ever since the completion of Michelangelo’s great Sistine Chapel ceiling. The magnificent frescoes that make up Michelangelo’s famous ceiling include The Creation of Adam, an iconic depiction of a Biblical scene; only Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa matches its artistic significance. To be admired in silence, the Sistine Chapel provokes awe amongst its visitors with breath-taking art and architecture in all directions. In order to prepare you for the grandeur of the Chapel’s interior, our guides will offer a helpful history of the art inside and provide orientation to better direct your exploration.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After this you will be escorted, through a priority entrance, in St. Peters Basilica, the greatest piece of Renaissance architecture as well as being the largest church in the world, to explore at your own leisure. Sometimes this part of the visit is not available due to the closure of the privilege entrance to the Basilica.
Departure Point :Via Vespasiano, 8, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Vatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- To get inside the monuments it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Not recommended for traveler with motor difficulties and walker users
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.