Small-Group Horseback Riding Day Tour
A unique experience to feel like a real nomad exploring the ever-changing scenery of Mongolian wilderness at Terelj National Park within 1.5-hour drive from the capital city of Ulaanbaatar. Take this marvelous trip through a breathtaking landscape with magnificent mountains in the backdrop while the eternal blue skies are hugging you. This trip allows you to step back in time and explore the simpler and nomadic way of living as well as Mongolian culture. This horseback riding adventure includes well-trained horses and highly qualified trainers who will guide you throughout your unforgettable experience. At the end of the tour, sit down for a flavorful traditional Mongolian meal, complemented by smooth local beer and kumis. The number of guests is limited up to seven people to keep the experience as intimate as possible.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Traditional lunch
- Afternoon tea
- Fuel surcharge
- Horseback riding equipment
- Cow carriage
- Entry/Admission - Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expense
- Travel and medical insurance
- Optional activities & additional services
- In a country with an equal number of horses to people, a quintessential activity in Mongolia is to go horseback riding through the stunning Mongolian landscape in a traditional nomadic setting. Perfectly situated a couple of hours drive from the City of Ulaanbaatar, Gorkhi-Terelj National Park is one of Mongolia’s most scenic and the country’s third largest protected area.
Your private English-speaking tour guide will meet you at the location of your choice in Ulaanbaatar at 8:50am. Your day will start with a brief city tour, followed by a car trip to Terelj, where the horseback riding will take place. Your thrilling horseback riding experience will be 3-hours long and led by a highly experienced trainer as well as your tour guide. Throughout the horseback riding tour, you will explore the beautiful and breathtaking landscapes of magnificent mountains in the backdrop with eternal blue skies.
This trip is a truly unique experience to step back in a time of a simpler way of life: the Mongolian Nomad. During the tour, you will explore the wilderness, Turtle Rock (gigantic eighty feet tall boulder in the shape of a turtle), Tuul River, and visit local households and nomad families for lunch. At the end of the horseback riding tour, you will enjoy a flavorful traditional Mongolian meal. After an eventful day, you will be returned back to the location of your choice in Ulaanbaatar where this adventure concludes.
Departure Point :Your choice of location in Ulaanbaatar
Departure Time :8:50 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children from 0-12 years old are free of charge
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.