Small-Group Trekking Experience in Daintree National Park
We venture deep into the Jungle only two kilometers from the Coral Sea on the slopes of a mountain blanketed in old growth rainforest amongst giant trees thousands of years old and plants and animals that predate dinosaurs.
We use a unique mixture of humour and accurate scientific information to tell the story of this unique forest where Kangaroo's live in tree's, a bird is bigger than a human and nothing is considered deadly to humans. Every plant and animal has a part in the story of this World Heritage listed ecosystem and we spend two hours on the 'hunt' along trails only we use identifying the things we see explaining their part in the story of the worlds oldest continuously existing forest. Our guides are Wet Tropics accredited biological scientists who love to entertain, we are local to the area and have 20 years experience in guiding visitors from all over the world so language differences are not an impediment to providing everyone an enjoyable experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Binoculars / Umbrellas / Walking Poles
- Bottled water - Pure filtered mountain spring water from the location of the walk. Due to Covid-19 protocols please bring your own container.
What's excluded :
We offer fully guided walks along 'real natural bush trails' amongst the highest diversity of Tree's, vines, and ancient medicinal plants on the planet. Some species have been here since the beginning of life on land and many are thousands of years old, join us and time travel with our Biological Scientist Guides as we search for Cassowary and Lophosaurus.
Our tours are in Old Growth Tropical Rainforest on a private nature preserve surrounded by the Daintree National Park. We have exclusive access, perfect for getting off the boardwalks away from the maddening crowds. It is hard to tell you are on a trail, no artificial boardwalks and railings to separate and detract from the natural surroundings.
Our eco-accredited guides are entertainers, local to the area, and have 20 years of experience working in this rainforest and connecting people to nature; explaining its holistic processes, history, and evolution. Our tour content is current and scientifically accurate information however, weird and wonderful facts and story telling are more reflective of our 'fair-dinkum' personality. Only 10 persons/walk, we can offer custom walks with advanced notice.
• Cape Tribulation, Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region, Queensland
• Daintree National Park, Tropical Research Station, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873 Australia
Departure Point :141 Camelot Cl, Cape Tribulation QLD 4873, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This is an outdoor activity / Equipment is not shared between customers &/or customer and guides
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.