Small-Group Vienna Coffee-House Walking Tour
The coffee-house is alive! On this 3-hour tour you will focus where the delicious pleasure is held: at the Vienna coffee-house. Enjoy the special Viennese coffee-house culture with your small-group - no more than 8 people. Sense the spirit of the old writers and artists and glaze the inventive talents when it comes to celebrate coffee making and also the drinking. With a little luck, your local guide may show you some eye-catching moments when Baristas are showing latte art (drawing with milk foam).
per adult from
What's included :
- 3 cups of different coffees to show you some of the many kinds of coffee
- 1 piece of typical austrian cake or strudel
- 3 informative and enjoyable hours guiding you through the world of Viennese Coffeehouses
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Café Prückel
- Entry/Admission - Café Hawelka
- Entry/Admission - Freyung Passage
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Café Prückel, Stubenring 24, 1010 Wien, Austria
We will start at an exceptional Ringstrassen-Cafe, where the specialties of a Viennese Coffeehouse are explained.
You will learn something about:
What is it that makes a Viennese Coffeehouse a Viennese Coffeehouse?
What is coffee and what is to do from the growing till it can be served in a cup?
How to make a fantastic Italian espresso, and what has it to do with the different coffee machines?
What is this - the Viennese Coffeehouse Culture?
Experience the art of coffee making, roasting, beans and different serving options.
Your guide will lead you on a journey through the world of coffee and Vienna coffee-houses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Stephansdom, 1010 Wien, Austria
The fantastic cathedral in the heart of Vienna!
Pass By: Graben and Kohlmarkt, Vienna Austria
Wonderful streets in Viennas City Center where we pass and stroll along and have a look at the beautiful houses from former centuries.
Stop At: Café Hawelka, Dorotheergasse 6, 1010 Wien, Austria
Famous for its "Buchteln", a sweet delicacy which will be served mostly in the late evening and also famous for as a meeting place for artists, singer, actors, writer, ...
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Michaelerplatz, Vienna Austria
We will pass the square and get the impression that the old emperor of Austria, Kaiser Franz Josef I., will look out of the window of his office. Further you will see the "house without eye browes" of Adolf Loos...
Stop At: Freyung Passage, Strauchgasse 4 Palais Ferstel, Vienna 1010 Austria
In a wonderful Palais you will stroll along very nice shops and will have a cup of coffee at the coffeehouse Café Couture of Georg Brany, former Austrian Barista Champion.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Café Prückel, Stubenring 24, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Freyung 2, 1010 Wien, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 14 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.