Small Group Zagreb Christmas Walking Tour
Discover Zagreb at its most magical on this 2-hour walking tour of the city’s festive highlights. With an expert guide, visit Zagreb Cathedral and see its elaborate outdoor Nativity scene, complete with live actors and farm animals. Then, soak up the festive atmosphere at the Christmas market in Ban Jelačić Square before marvelling at the light displays and music in Flower Square. Finish your tour in Zrinjevac Park’s hidden winter wonderland, where you’ll peruse Croatia specialities and defrost with mulled wine and a bratwurst sausage.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snack (bratwurst)
- Drink (mulled wine)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Jelacic Square (Trg Bana Josipa Jelacica), Zagreb Croatia
Meet your guide in Kaptol Square and begin your tour with a visit to Zagreb Cathedral. Gaze up at its Gothic spires, and learn from your guide how it is Croatia’s tallest structure and largest place of worship. Then, head inside to see the exquisite 13th-century frescoes and beautiful marble altars.
Next, head back onto the square to see the live Nativity scene. Be enchanted by the little stable, complete with farm animals, and see locals huddled together, playing the roles of the baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Three Kings, the shepherds and the people of Bethlehem.
Continue on to Ban Jelačić Square, where Zagreb’s most traditional Christmas market is held. Wander among the stalls decorated with twinkling lights, and peruse the handcrafted ornaments, candy and other traditional gifts.
Then, stroll through Flower Square, and listen to musicians playing beautiful classical and jazz melodies as you admire the snow-white lights and decorations.
Your final stop of the tour is Zrinjevac Park. Feel like you’ve wandered into a fairytale as you follow your guide down a pathway of magically lit trees to a beautifully illuminated grove. Soak up the festive sounds, smells and sights as you visit stalls selling specialities such as cabbage cloths, fried apples and baked štrukle (pastry filled with eggs, cottage cheese and sour cream). Then, defrost with a warming mug of mulled wine and a bratwurst sausage.
When the time comes, bid your guide farewell inside Zrinjevac, leaving you free to explore further, should you wish.
Pass By: Zrinjevac, Zagreb Croatia
Zranjevac green park
Pass By: Zagreb Cathedral, Kaptol, Zagreb Croatia
Zagreb Cathedral, Zagreb, Croatia
Departure Point :Cathedral of Zagreb, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Tour includes strenuous walking activities
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks required for travelers during transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.