Smbataberd Fortress | Tsakhats Kar Monastery | Geyser of Horbategh
It is one of the beautiful places in Vayots Dzor Province of Armenia . We will start our tour form village Horbategh , it is 10 minutes walking from village to geyser . Next we will continue walking to Smbataberd fortress , it is about a hour to take fortress . And final we will move to Tsakhats Kar old monastery , we can have rest there , there are some chairs near monastery area
per adult from
12 to 14 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Horbategh, Armenia
A miracle geyser is located in the Vayots Dzor province, in the village of Horbategh.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Smbataberd Fortress, Yeghegis Armenia
Smbataberd was built in a very advantageous position on the southern end of a ridge, guarded by steep cliffs on three of its sides. Very large ramparts with towers are still relatively intact on the exterior. Within the confines of the fortress little remains except for the faint foundations of buildings near the fortification walls and a keep located at the highest point of the site. It is likely that Smbataberd was founded during the 5th century, but was better established and heavily fortified during the 9th to 10th centuries.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tsakhats Kar Monastery, 6 km Northeast from Yeghegis, Yeghegis Armenia
Tsaghats Kar Monastery is a monastic complex located along the mountain foothills overlooking the Yeghegis River, between the villages of Yeghegis (6 km northeast) and Horbategh in the Vayots Dzor Province of Armenia. The monastery is located within walking distance of the fortress of Smbataberd.
There are two groups of structures at the site that are separated by a distance of 200 meters (656 feet). The grouping to the west, now half-ruined, was constructed of rough-hewn basalt.
Within the complex of Tsaghats Kar is Surb Hovhannes church built in 989, Surb Karapet church of the 10th century, and many other structures that are in ruins. Saint Karapet is a cupola hall type structure, with a sacristy in each of the four corners. Numerous khachkars may be seen around the monastery as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Republic Square, Yerevan, Armenia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.