Smiley Trsteno, Majkovi and Ston gastro tour
Travel from your Dubrovnik hotel or cruise ship in an air-conditioned vehicle with a driver-guide to Trsteno Botanical Garden. Continue to the village of Majkovi, where you can sample local cuisine including homemade cheese, olives, dried meat, fresh bread, local honey, and Croatian liquor and wine. Stop in Ston and admire the views from 2nd longest city walls in the world. On your way back, you will enjoy a full Croatian meal, including locally-caught seafood.
Travel comfortably in an air-conditioned mini van
Depart directly from your Dubrovnik hotel or cruise ship
Admire the flora at the Trsteno Botanical Garden
Try the best of Croatian cuisine
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully A/C comfortable touristic vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at your cruise ship/accommodation.
- Lamb or veal or seafood menu in village house.
- To organise tour I need minimum 4 people
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee for city walls.
- Other than specified
- Entry/Admission - Trsteno Arboretum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trsteno Arboretum, Potok 20, Trsteno 20235 Croatia
Trsteno Arboretum, located in Trsteno, Croatia, is the oldest arboretum in this part of the world.[clarification needed]
The arboretum was erected by the local noble family Gozze (see House of Gozze) in the late 15th century, who requested ship captains to bring back seeds and plants from their travels. The exact start date for the arboretum is unknown, but it was already in existence by 1492, when a 15 m span aqueduct to irrigate the arboretum was constructed; this aqueduct is still in use. It has been the property of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts since 1948, when it was donated. The Arboretum reserves a very special place among the old Ragusan, Dalmatian and Mediterranean parks. It includes a park surrounding the fifteenth century summer residence, which is a monument of garden architecture, and a nineteenth century park at Drvarica.
The arboretum passed into Yugoslav state ownership in 1945, and was declared a natural rarity in 1948. Since 1950 it has been managed by the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts. In 1962 the Arboretum Trsteno was registered in the list of protected natural monuments list as a monument of landscape architecture. The protected area covers around 255,000 square metres.
Trsteno suffered extensive damage and looting during the Croatian War of Independence when on October 2 and 3rd, 1991, the Yugoslav People's Army launched a series of gunboat and air attacks and set the Arboretum afire, destroying a large part of it, and causing partial damage to the summer residence and the oldest part of the arboretum. The arboretum was further severely damaged in 2000 by a forest fire during a drought, when around 120,000 square metres were lost in fire.
The pride of the arboretum, two Oriental Planes located on the central market place of Trsteno, survived both disasters undamaged. They are over 500 years old and are unique specimens of their kind in Europe. The ancient trees are both about 45/60 m tall and their trunks are 5 m in diameter. Within what was once the noble family's country house, there is the oldest Renaissance park in Croatia, designed in 1502, with numerous exotic plants.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at all location in Dubrovnik For pick up please contact me also by e-mail or What's up or Viber because if I don't answer the call's that is because I am on tour in another country and it is expensive for me to answer the calls or I am driving that is why I allways connect to wifi and check my e-mails or What's up or Viber messagesPorts
- Port Gruz
Departure Time :Flexible (upon your request)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.