Snaefellsnes Peninsula Day Trip by Super Jeep from Reykjavik
Exploration by Super Jeep of the wildest region of Iceland with breathtaking landscapes, lovely small towns, rock formations, colorful sand beaches, waterfalls & lava fields.
Highlights of the Tour include Stykkishólmur (A typical Icelandic fishing village), Grundarfjörður & Kirkjufell (A village & an impressive mountain), Skarðsvík (A gold sand beach), Snæfellsjökull (Journey to the Center of the Earth), Lóndrangar (The rocky castle), Hellnar & Arnarstapi (The twin villages), Búðir (The black Church)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off
- Round trip transportation
- Professional guidance
- Wifi connection
- Hot drinks on board
- Entry/Admission - Snaefellsjokull National Park & Glacier
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Stykkishólmur : The pastel houses of this small harbor seem to be clung to the relief. Their facades and their roofs have some sweet colors of yellow, blue, purple or grey, and contrast with the rocks dotted with bright green grass. Stykkishólmur is proud of its houses of downtown, a magnificent example of traditional Icelandic houses from the XIX and XX century. The city received a prestigious award EDEN (European Destination of Excellence) for the protection and preservation of cultural and historical heritage. Its steep coast is peopled with thousands of sea birds which shelter into the rough cliffs.
Grundarfjörður & Kirkjufell: We will visit the fishing harbor of Grundarfjörður. This small town is located at the base of the Mount Kirkjufell. This small town enchants people with its dynamic character. This is undoubtedly one of the prettiest landscapes of Iceland. The Kirkjufell, lonely mountain, nicknamed the Mountain Church, seems to rise up from a dream with its waterfalls, its beautiful lake in which it is reflected, and its plains stretch away in front of you. We find also the volcanic black rocks dotted with green moss…
Skarðsvík: We will stop on this beautiful and tranquil beach with gold sand, blue waters and surrounded by stunning cliffs. This place offers amazing views out to the sea and a fascinating history.
Snæfellsjökull: A volcano up of 1446 meters, covered with snow all year. This imposing volcano has inspired the famous writer Jules Verne for his novel “Journey to the Center of the Earth“. The Snæfellsjökull owes its shape to the lava fields and phreatic eruptions that marked its daily these past 800,000 years. The surrounding landscapes are amazing. In this magical space, you can discover strange formations of rocks which seem to have been carved, many plants and even have the chance to watch kittiwakes.
Lóndrangar: The journey through this region is rich in legends and tales. This trip will lead you towards this unusual pair of basaltic rocks. Seeing from distance Lóndrangar looks like a huge castle reaching out to the sea. The place is surrounded by beautiful cliffs which are a paradise for lovers of birdwatching: puffins and fulmars have their nests in the area.
Hellnar & Arnarstapi: Lost amid the basalt mountains, those twin villages full of charm and with a magical atmosphere, are connected by an extremely spectacular coastal road with a length of 2.5 km, where strange rock formations emerge from the water, such as stone monsters.
Búðir: It is a romantic, windswept location, a former fishing village located just a stone’s throw from the ocean. Surrounded by the Búðahraun lava field, the tiny pitch-black church dates from 1703. With the majestic Snæfellsnes mountain as a backdrop, the view from there is spectacular.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions; if cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.