Social change - East Berlin around Alexanderplatz & Rosenthaler Platz
The establishment of the Volksbühne theater in 1913 at the gates of the medieval township gave the poor district of Scheunenviertel a new urban development significance. The new building for workers' culture brought this quarter close to the more important, economically pulsating life around the still disordered Alexanderplatz. With the beginning of the Weimar Republic the task was to design the east of the inner city, from here the competition in 1929 delivered new architectural images for the growing city, Peter Behrens and Hans Poelzig realized clear characteristics. We wander through these contemporary testimonies along with other current inserts of international understanding of architecture since the 1960s, in which living and administration are shown and transformed in a big city to this day.
in cooperation with the Bauhaus Archive / Museum of Design
per adult from
What's included :
- Guide in German for 2h
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Volksbuhne Berlin, Rosa Luxemburg Platz, 10178 Berlin Germany
On a voyage of discovery through the Scheunenviertel and the development from 1913 - The construction of the Volksbühne theater on the outskirts of the then medieval town gave the neglected poor quarters a new urban significance.
Departure Point :Alexanderplatz, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße, Berlin, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- • We kindly ask you to wear a mouth-nose protection during all tours (also on the bus).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.