Sofia to Rila Monastery Morning tour
You will visit the UNESCO world heritage site Rila monastery in the heart of the highest mountain on the Balkans.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
Rila Monastery is the most exquisite example of monastery art and architecture of Bulgaria located in the picturesque heart of the mountain. The Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary keeps the miraculous icon, splendid gilded iconostasis and the chest with relics of St Ivan Rilski. In the court are located the middle age battle Hrelyu tower and the kitchen. During your free time you will be able to visit the church museum with the wood-carved cross of monk Rafael or taste the famous local mekitsi (kind of a donut) and the traditional Bulgarian yogurt. Traditional lunch including the local mountain fish - trout. Return to Sofia.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Aleksandar Nevski Square, 1000 Old City Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.