Sossusvlei (Dune 45, Big Daddy Dune & Deadvlei) Tour - 3 Days
Climb the famous Dune 45 (100 meters), Big Daddy Dune (350 meters) and enjoy a sunrise walk into Sossusvlei and Deadvlei.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- 2 nights accommodation
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Any activities not mentioned above
- Items of a personal nature
- Personal Insurance
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Day 1: Windhoek - Sesriem Area
Stop At: Solitaire, Solitaire, Khomas Region
At 9h00 AM, you will be picked up by your guide, we leave Windhoek and we then head south via a small town of the Basters (Rehoboth). The main inhabitants of the town are the Baster Community the descendants of people of mixed parentage who trekked across the Orange River under their leader Hermanus van Wyk, and settled at Rehoboth in 1870. The town is divided into 7 neighborhoods, called blocks.
We stop at Solitaire, Namibia’s second smallest town, for afternoon tea before driving on to our accommodation near the sand dune sea.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Namib Desert Lodge, 3 star lodge
Day 2: Sossusvlei (Tall red sand dunes in the world)
Stop At: Sossusvlei, Namibia
A predawn start is essential this morning as we want to catch the soft light of the sunrise on the desert as we drive in. We will arrive at the entrance to the dunes on sunrise and then travel through the dune field as the sun is coming up. The light casts strong contrasts of color on the edges of the dunes and offers stunning views from the dry river bed you travel through.
From here we drive another 60 km to Sossusvlei itself, transferring to special desert vehicles for the last 5 km through the dunes. The drive is like nothing else, enjoying the changing light and coolness of the morning. Ancient mineral pans, stunted camel thorn trees and the chance of seeing a gemsbok or maybe an ostrich make the photo opportunities perfect.
We spend the morning in and around Sossusvlei, also visiting dune 45″, and as the day wears on we return to Sesriem for lunch and to escape the heat of the afternoon. As the day cools off in the late afternoon we will take a short excursion to the Sesriem Canyon then we return to our place of stay.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Namib Desert Lodge, 3 star
Day 3: Solitaire Area - Windhoek City
Stop At: Windhoek, Windhoek, Khomas Region
This morning we have a leisurely start and drive through the scenic Spreetshoogte pass (road conditions permitting) on to Windhoek. You arrive at your Windhoek city hotel at approximately 13h30; alternatively you can be dropped off at the Windhoek International Airport by 14h30.
Drop off at international airport or you will be dropped off at your accommodation for a night.
Duration: 5 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Hosea Kutako International Airport, Namibia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is formal
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.