Southern Coast, Waterfalls & Black Beach Full-Day Bus Tour from Reykjavik
South Iceland, Waterfalls and Black Sand Beach Tour takes you on a journey of exploration through the many dramatic faces of the Icelandic landscape. The South Coast region of Iceland is the flattest in the country making it ideal for farming but because this is Iceland, the land is also surrounded by majestic mountains, Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, looming volcanoes and glaciers, Reynisfjara black sand beach and the formidable sea.
Your expert guide will also point out several notorious volcanoes, including Hekla, Eyjafjallajokull and Katla.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option is selected)
- Professional guide
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Seljalandsfoss
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Icelandic Lava Show
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Volcano Hekla, Iceland
Hekla is one of Iceland's most active volcanoes, and was for centuries believed to be the entrance to hell.
Stop At: Icelandic Lava Show, Vikurbraut 5, Vik 870 Iceland
Optional stop for the Lava Show (admission not included in tour price), and lunch can be purchased here. Learn about the volcanoes of Iceland and see real flowing lava first hand.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Víkurskáli, Austurvegur, Vík, Iceland
Here we stop at a local restaurant for a lunch break at your own expense.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
Stroll along the black sand and pebble beach of Reynisfjara. The beach features stacks of basalt columns that wall off surrounding cliffs scattered with caves. You will be awed by the incredibly powerful waves of the Atlantic ocean crashing on to the shore. Offshore you will see the Reynisdrangar pillars, basalt rock stacks that rise from the sea.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
Visit Skogafoss waterfall. This is a picturesque 200-foot (60-meter) tall, broad and powerful waterfall, and due to its striking appearance it is frequently used in movies and commercials. You can get close enough to feel the spray from the falls on your face and, if you like, then climb a stairway leading to the top of the falls allowing you a view from above.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Volcano Eyjafjallajokull, Selfoss Iceland
A volcano / glacier, which gained worldwide attention in 2010 when the ash cloud from an eruption stopped all flight traffic in Europe.
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Short stop by Solheimajokull, an outlet glacier of Myrdalsjokull glacier.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
Seljalandsfoss is a unique waterfall in that you can actually walk behind it when the weather permits and experience the beauty of this waterfall in a completely new way.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Bus Stop #13 Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
2: Bus stop #5 Harpa, Sculpture & Shore Walk 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
3: Gray Line Iceland, Klettagarðar, Reykjavík, Iceland
4: Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
5: Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels, guesthouses, cruise ports and bus stops starts at 8:30 am. Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area upon request (if option is selected). Due to traffic restrictions in the city center, pickup may not be directly in front of hotel but rather at a nearby designated pickup point.The "No pickup" does not include hotel pick-up, but complimentary pickup from the following locations is offered upon request for no extra charge:*Bus stop 5 - Harpan*Bus stop 13 - Rauðarárstígur*Gray Line Bus TerminalYou must contact the local operator after booking to confirm your pick-up location or meeting point. Ports
- Skarfabakki cruise port
- Miðbakki cruise port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are only required for those who are coughing or sneezing. • May need to present COVID-19 free results from testing at the airport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.