Southernmost Key West History and Culture Small-Group Walking Tour
Join us for a 1.5-hour adventure! Our tour is led by knowledgeable local guides. As we walk through the streets of Key West’s old town, you will discover the history and culture of our island. Shipwrecking, sponging, cigar manufacturing, treasure hunting - it’s all about Key West!
What to bring:
Hat, sunglasses, and sunblock is a must.
Bring at least one bottle of water for yourself.
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Sneakers are the best option.
Camera or your phone to take pictures.
Your adventurous spirit :)
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum, 1 Whitehead St, Key West, FL 33040-6634
You will see the Shipwreck Museum from the distance and your guide will explain to you how the shipwrecking industry made Key West one of the richest towns in the USA.
Pass By: Mel Fisher's Treasures, 613 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040-6554
Learn who Mel Fisher is and how his life long dream became a reality.
Pass By: Audubon House & Tropical Gardens, 205 Whitehead St, Key West, FL 33040-6522
Back in the day, Audubon House was owned by one of the most successful shipwreckers in Key West, however, it was named after famous American ornithologist. Your guide will explain to you why this happened and what other secrets and ghosts are living in the Audubon house.
Pass By: Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum, 938 Whitehead St, Key West, FL 33040-7423
You will learn about the history of the lighthouse and why it was moved from Southernmost Point to the current location.
Pass By: The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, 907 Whitehead Street, Key West, FL 33040-7473
Your Guide will share with you fun and amusing stories that took place when Hemingway lived in the house.
Pass By: Southernmost Point, Whitehead Street, Key West, FL 33040
Final destination and a MUST HAVE photo in Key West!
Departure Point :107 Fitzpatrick St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Southernmost Point of the Continental US, Whitehead St &, South St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Parking: If you come on a bicycle there is a bike rack where you can lock it. There is meter parking available for the cars on Fitzpatrick, Whitehead and Front streets. Plan accordingly so you arrive on time and have time to park.
- Must be able to walk 1.4 to 1.8 miles at moderate speed in warm weather.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.