Space Race - Moscow space museum and VDNKh Soviet resort walking tour
Space Exploration is one of our national prides rooted in the USSR times. The museum is a must-see if you want to learn more about international space-race that changed the world in mid-20th century. My tour is based on a lot of interested facts that were only recently revealed.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry tickets for 6 people included
What's excluded :
- Guests beyond 6 people buy tickets themselves
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Cosmonautics
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Museum of Cosmonautics, Mira Ave., 111, Moscow 129515 Russia
On the tour I will tell you the story of space flights, some of the facts that only recently were revealed to public. Space era is short but full of outstanding episodes, from October 1957 when the first artificial satellite "SPUTNIK" was launched and April 1961 when Yuri Gagarin flew into space up to present-day however the orbital life and work of astronauts at ISS (International Space Station) seems routine. You will see models of spacecrafts, rockets and Moon buggies, real space suites and descend modules. You will learn about day-to-day life on the orbit and be able to go inside a space station module, try to work with space gloves on and touch a falling star (do not forget to make a wish).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy (VDNKh), Mira Ave., 119, Moscow 129223 Russia
We will walk to the unique VDNKh park (10 minutes walk from the museum) and observe a most remarkable and concentrated cluster of Soviet Architecture. We finish in the VDNKh park where there are a lot of eating places or I will bring you back to the hotel or city down-town.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
I can meet you at the hotel lobby, apartment entrance or any place of choice in downtown
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.