Spend Night at a Splendid Japanese Villa of Tangible Cultural Property in Kyoto
A rare opportunity to spend a night at a villa registered as Tangible Cultural Property. The Villa Nakamura in Yawata-city was built in 1917 of Taisho Era as a vacation house by Mr. AMANO TAKAYUKI, the owner of prestigious Play House of Osaka. They offer you a chance to rent out this whole villa of 180 square meter. The villa consists of bedroom, great guest parlor,
Japanese tatami-room, kitchen & dining room, dressing room, bathroom and toilets. Wi-Fi, Air-conditioner, TV, Fridge, Microwave ,Electric toaster, Kitchenware & cutlery are set up.
For the first day, a local guide will lead you to Iwashimizu-Hachimangu(National Treasure Shrine) and Shokado-Garden with brief explanation of city Yawata. The service ends after customers check into Villa Nakamura. The owner of the Villa is residing next and is willing to help and offer you some advice what to see the following day in Yawata. You may have some opportunities of taking KOTO lesson(harp) and cycling riverside.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Taxi fee between sight-seeing spots on the 1st day
- Shokado Garden admission fee
- Accommodation fee of 1 night at Villa Nakamura (B&B)
- Cable car fee climbing to Iwashimizu Hachimangu
- Local Guide for the first day during 10:00-15:30
- Entry/Admission - Iwashimizu Hachimangu
- Entry/Admission - Shokado Garden Art Museum
What's excluded :
- Lunch and Dinner for the 1st day
- All activity fees you may join on the 2nd day
Day 1: Meet at Train Station and Explore IWASHIMIZU-HACHIMAN and SHOKADO GARDEN in YAWATA. Then, Check in your Private Villa.
Stop At: Iwashimizu Hachimangu, 30 Yawatatakabo, Yawata 614-8588 Kyoto Prefecture
Climbing up Mt. Otokoyama by Cable-line, you'll reach the National Treasure Shrine where 3 deities are worshiped since AD 859. Learn about history of Hachiman-Okami tradition of Japan and feel sacred atmosphere of the area. From the top of Mt. Otokoyama, you overlooks Yawata city where three of Kyoto's major rivers meet. Descent on foot exploring scattered traces of monasteries.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Shokado Garden Art Museum, 43 Yawata Ominaeshi, Yawata 614-8077 Kyoto Prefecture
You'll explore Japanese garden of Shokado without crowds. The Garden is made on surface of 22,000 square meters and has 40 kinds of bamboo and nearly 300 camellia trees. It holds 3 tea-houses and it shows beautiful scenery across all 4 seasons. Only entrance fee to the Garden is included, not Museum.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Villa NAKAMURA( Tangible Cultural Property), 52 Yamashiba, Yawata City, Kyoto. You can rent whole villa for yourself.
Day 2: Free at leisure by 11:00 A.M. KOTO(Japanese hard)lesson or cycling to explorer the river side are some suggestions.
Pass By: Yawata, Yawata, Kyoto Prefecture, Kinki
Free at leisure at NAKAMURA Villa or explore the city by your own choice. No Local Guide available on this day.
Stop At: Yawata, Yawata, Kyoto Prefecture, Kinki
We can offer you a Koto( Japanese hard) lesson hold by local women's group at accommodation site (with extra charge). For details , please ask.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
• Breakfast: Self-Service Continental Breakfast ( Bread, coffee, Yogurt) is offered.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Iwashimizu-Hachimangu Station, Japan, 〒614-8001 Kyoto, Yawata, Shinade−1−番地
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Yamashiba Community Center, Japan, 〒614-8004 京都府八幡市八幡山柴４８
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.