Squamish Discovery Eco-tour
Join Blazing Saddles Adventures Squamish's first electric mountain bike specialists as we discover the natural beauty and diverse ecosystem of Squamish on high-end electric mountain bikes. Any level of biking ability will enjoy our friendly eco-ride which guides you through the most scenic vistas of Squamish from river to ocean.
Guests will get a chance to see coastal temperate rainforests, salmon spawning habitat, mountains, ancient volcanoes, Howe Sound (the southernmost fjord in North America) and the Squamish River estuary - all in 2-3 hours! Squamish is where the mountains collide with the ocean and is as beautiful as it is diverse.
This tour is for everyone. You do not have to be superfit or an experienced biker. Just have a love for adventure and beautiful places!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Squamish Estuary, Squamish, British Columbia Canada
Estuaries occur where coastal rivers enter the sea, creating a mix of fresh and saltwater habitats. These habitats change with each tide. During flood tide, ocean water pulses into the estuary and up the lower reaches of the river. At ebb, fresh water pours into the estuary basin, pushing a wedge of lighter fresh water and riverborne sediments into the estuary.
Why is an estuary important?
Protected inner waters of estuaries, laden with sediment, form the richest of coastal environments. Their productivity far exceeds that of either the finest agricultural land or the open ocean.
80% of the Fraser Estuary has been lost, altered/developed. 50% of the Squamish estuary has been lost, altered/developed. Estuaries are a scarce resource, less than 3% of BC's coastline.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Mamquam Spawning Channels, 1940 Centennial Way, Squamish, BC V8B 0H3, Canada
Salmon spawning habitat
Departure Point :1861 Mamquam Rd, Squamish, BC V8B 0G2, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.