St Catherine and Colored Canyon by Jeep
Set out from Sharm El Sheikh to explore
Sinai. First you will visit
St. Catherine Monastery, the oldest working Christian monasteries in the world. Then drive to
Nuweiba to see the beautiful
Coloured Canyon before enjoying dinner and time to swim at the beach in Nuwieba.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- - Pick up services from/to your hotel in Sharm
- - All transfers by an air-conditioned 4x4 Jeep
- - English or Russian speaking guide
- - Lunch during your trip
- - Bottled water on board
- - All taxes & service charge
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Tipping Kitty
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Hard Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St. Catherine's Monastery, At the Foot of Mount Horeb, Saint Catherine Egypt
At early morning, Sun Pyramids Tours representative will pick you up from your hotel to discover the highlights of Sinai desert by a modern jeep. You will be transferred to Saint Catherine Monastery which is located in the heart of Sinai Peninsula at a height of 1570 meters. According to the tradition, God appeared to Moses in the Burning Bush. It is at the foot of Mount Sinai; whose summit witnessed the receipt of the Moses received the tables of the law with the Ten Commandments inscribed. The monastery dates back to the 6th century, the age of the Great Roman Emperor, Justinian I. The Great enclosure walls surrounding the Monastery were built back then and are still existent.
The monastery was named after Saint Catherine, one of the earliest Christian martyrs, at the beginning of the 11th century.
Then you will get back to St. Catherin’s road, about 65 kilometers North of St. Catherin Monastery. There, you will be fascinated by one of the geological wonders of Sinai, the colored canyon. It’s made out of very narrow walls; about 40 meters in height and a little more than a meter in width, the walls are made out of sandstone possessing an incredible range of hues from dark brown to red to straw yellow. This phenomenon is due to the presence of magnesium and iron oxides. Later, you will be transferred back to Dahab city to have lunch, where you will have enough time to walk in Dahab main Street, known as EL Mamsha. Then, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Departure Point :from your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :to your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.