Starosel Thracian Temple and Hisarya spa resort - private day tour from Plovdiv
Near Starosel village discover the largest Thracian temple-tomb from 4-5 centuries B.C. belonging to a Thracian ruler. Visit the peaceful spa resort town Hisarya, famous for its hot mineral springs, significant Roman remains, green parks and swimming pools.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Starosel Thracian temple (1,50 EUR), Hisarya museum (0,50 EUR)
- Food and drinks
- In August 2000, a sensational discovery occurred near the village of Starosel, in central Bulgaria. Archaeologists found the enormous temple of what is believed to be a Thracian ruler, possibly Sitalkes I, the first king of a combined Thracian empire. The Starosel Thracian Temple is the largest discovered so far dating back from the 4-5 centuries B.C. This impressive site is also known as the Starosel Thracian cult complex because several tombs were found around the central temple.
First explore the temple and two tombs near Starosel then continue to Hisarya (population: 7000 people) - a small resort town famous for its hot mineral springs. Located in the outskirts of the Sredna Gora mountain range at 346 m. a. s. l., it boasts of a very mild climate and over two dozen mineral springs, which make it a favorite spa destination for many Bulgarian and foreign tourists. Hisarya is one of the 3 international spa resorts in Bulgaria, notorious for its significant Roman remains as well. These ruins are visible everywhere - public buildings, a small amphitheatre, the barracks of the Roman garrison, the foundations of a couple of the oldest churches in Bulgaria, as well as the best-preserved Roman fortress in Bulgaria. The southern fortress gate is known as "The Camels", because it had broken in the middle and looked like two camels facing each other, before it was partially restored in the early 20th century. In Hisarya go on a lovely walk in the town's green parks among mineral hot springs, fountains and Roman ruins.
Trip duration: 5-6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers are collected from any hotel (accommodation) or location within Plovdiv city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Оur company applies all the COVID-19 connected Bulgarian and European Union regulations for safe travelling. All our guides and drivers wear protective masks and gloves during the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.