Stone Town Walking Tour in Zanzibar
Explore Stone Town, the atmospheric cultural and historical heart of Zanzibar City, on this 3-hour walking tour with a guide. Constructed from coral stone in the 19th and 20th centuries, Stone Town was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2000.
You'll get to know the town as you see heritage sites and architecture, visit a local marketplace, check out the Anglican church and memorial at the old slave market, admire the former home of the sultan, and do some shopping with the help of your guide. Tour is limited to 10 people to provide a small-group experience.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Pickup from hotels located in Stone Town
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - People's Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Old Slave Market/Anglican Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transfer from other parts of the island (tour starts in Stone Town)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Old Fort (Ngome Kongwe), Nr. Beit el-Ajaib, Stone Town, Zanzibar City Tanzania
You will visit the Old Fort inside and hear about it's history
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Forodhani Gardens, On the Waterfront, Stone Town, Zanzibar City Tanzania
This park is the heart of Stone Town nightlife, but also has an important historical role.
Stop At: People's Palace Museum, Mizingani Rd, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Also called the People's Palace, this place is now a museum but used to be the home of the sultan of Zanzibar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Slave Market/Anglican Cathedral, Mkunazini Road, Stone Town, Zanzibar City Tanzania
You will get a tour of the old slave market area and visit the church built in its place.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Darajani Bazaar, Stone Town, Zanzibar City Tanzania
We will walk through the bazaar area and see the different sections of the market
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Jaw's Corner, Baghani St, Zanzibar, Tanzania
This little square is famous for it's political gossips and coffee service, as well as the big graffiti.
Departure Point :Old Fort, Mizingani Rd, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.