Story of Sydney Tour
If you are new to Sydney (or only here for a short visit) this experience is designed to give you the best orientation of Sydney and the inner city suburbs. The tour will also appeal to locals interested in learning more about the history of Sydney, Australia, and how it came to be.
Told like an epic movie, the Story of Sydney unfolds starting from where the story began, The Rocks and then continues along the harbour foreshore, through many interesting neighbourhoods, along coastal paths to the beaches and then back to the city.
The Story is an intimate journey through Sydney from 1788 to today and a wonderful orientation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Relaxed short walks along stunning harbour and coastal paths at The Gap, Watsons Bay and Bondi Beach
- Plenty of photo opportunities of iconic Sydney architecture and famous landmarks
- Listening devices available if required
- Fully escorted with entertaining commentary throughout
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
The story begins where it all started for European Australia, The Rocks.
Your guide will take you on an intimate journey, revealing how this important precinct has evolved from 1788 to today.
Enjoy snapping many photos as you discover the history and the lifestyle today.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Stop under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and take a shot of yourself amongst the many iconic landmarks. Circular Quay is where the First Fleet landed on the 26th January 1788 and we treasure what we have preserved today.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mrs Macquarie's Chair, 1D Mrs Macquaries Rd The Rocks Visitors Centre, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Enjoy a harbour foreshore walk around to Mrs Macquaries Chair and a magnificent photo opportunity of Australia's most iconic landmarks - The Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
Mrs Macquarie was the wife of our 5th Governor, Lachlan Macquarie, whom we celebrate as turning Sydney from penal colony to a proud international city.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Woolloomooloo Wharf, 6 Cowper Wharf Rd Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales 2011 Australia
Travel through the eclectic neighborhoods of Woolloomooloo, Kings Cross and Potts Point that each have their own character and colourful story to tell, before venturing into the glitzy and glamourous Eastern suburbs.
Pass By: Double Bay, Double Bay, New South Wales
Dubbed as 'Sydney's Rodeo Drive', this elegant neighbourhood is a shopping and dining heaven. Discover popular restaurants, bars and many Australian boutique designers.
Stop At: Watsons Bay, Watsons Bay, Woollahra, New South Wales
Grab a coffee or refreshment and enjoy the stunning scenery as you walk this famous coastal path.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Bondi Beach, Bondi Beach, New South Wales
Dip your feet in as you enjoy a walk Australia's most famous beach.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Paddington, Paddington, New South Wales
Travel back into the city via the popular suburbs of Paddington and Darlinghurst. Discover where you can enjoy venues with a terrific nightlife and shopping.
Pass By: Queen Victoria Building (QVB), Queen Victoria Building 455 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Back in the city, discover the most beautiful shopping mall, The Queen Victoria Building and many small bars nearby.
Get a snapshot of China Town and Darling Harbour before we wrap it all up at the newest and most impressive precinct, Barrangaroo.
Departure Point :111 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick up and drop off from your CBD city hotel (or convenient CBD city location)
- Wear comfortable shoes for other optional short walks
- Remember your camera
- Sunhat / warm jacket as per weather conditions
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. Passengers to supply infant seats.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.