Struga Cycling Tour from Ohrid
This is a half-day tour that takes you to the town of Struga riding along the north-east coast of Lake Ohrid. You will have an opportunity to have lunch enjoying the view of river Crn Drim in the center of Struga, buy some local goods from the open market and visit Nezlobinski Museum – the unique presenter of the natural and cultural heritage of the region of Lake Ohrid – UNESCO, with over 10,000 examples of flora and stuffed fauna from the Ohrid and Prespa region. After just 5 km riding south from Struga, you will arrive in the village Kalishta and have a chance to see the rare icon "Black Madonna" in the Monastery complex.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Use of bicycle
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Ohrid, to the starting cycling point and back
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Ohrid, Ohrid Republic of North Macedonia
Ohrid Lake with its length of 30 km and around 288 meters deep is the largest and most beautiful lake in North Macedonia, and one of Europe’s deepest and oldest lakes. The importance of lake Ohrid emphasized when it was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1979.
Stop At: Struga, Struga, Southwestern Region
Struga or the “City of poetry” is located in the southwest part of Macedonia, on the shores of the Ohrid Lake.
The symbol od Struga is the river “Black Drim” that flows into the Adriatic Sea. Here you will have a chance to visit the covered market where you can buy many things, from fresh vegetables to clothes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dr. Nikola Nezlobinski Museum, Bore Hadzieski-Pute 69, Struga 6330 Republic of North Macedonia
Founder of the museum was Nikola Nezlobinski, a Russian who came in Struga in 1924 as a doctor to help the fight against malaria. He was also a nature lover and when he came to Struga, he began to hunt, but also to collect and stuff insects, birds, and many other animals. In 1928 he presented the first zoological collection that set the foundations of the Natural History Museum of Struga. The museum is closed on Sundays and National holidays.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kalishta, North Macedonia
In the village of Kalishta, you have a chance to visit Kalishta Monstery located on the shores of Ohrid Lake in a natural rocky environment. It is a monastic complex that consists of four churches. In summer, there is a possibility to swim here.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :City Bike Ohrid, Dame Gruev 84, Ohrid 6000, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The weather does not operate in bad weather conditions, You will be offered a change of dates if that happens
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the other people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.