Sugar Loaf Hike Tour (Costão)
Reach one of the most famous attractions in Brazil on your own feet, by hiking and quickly climbing!
Enjoy a wonderful view of the sunset from the top, before enjoying a cable car ride on the way down!
Get the thrill of a lifetime while hiking and climbing the rocky shores of the Sugar Loaf!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (South Zone of Rio)
- Climb equipment
- First part descent by cable car
What's excluded :
- Lunch and extras
The Sugar Loaf compound, one of Rio's most famous icons, consists of two hills. The higher one is the Sugar Loaf (396m / 1030ft), and the lower is Urca Hill (220m / 722ft). The Costão Trail, which takes us to the top of Sugar Loaf, requires a quick climb (15m / 49ft), considered easy by the experienced and indicated for beginners. All safety equipments are included in our Sugar Loaf hiking tour. The view of Copacabana Beach, Urca district, Guanabara Bay, Cristo Redentor and many more, is priceless. On our way down, we take the cable car to the Urca Hill (ticket included) and then a short and easy trail back to the beach. You can schedule this tour in the morning or early afternoon.
• Trilha do Pao de Acucar, Pista Claudio Coutinho, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-270 Brazil
• Vermelha Beach, Praca General Tiburcio, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-270 Brazil
• Sugarloaf Mountain, Av. Pasteur, 520 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-255 Brazil
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Rio de Janeiro's South Zone hotels and accomodations. (Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Botafogo, Flamengo and others). Contact us if you are in another places in Rio.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wear light clothing and hiking shoes, bring a small backpack with water, snacks, mosquito repellent, sunscreen, cap or hat, sunglasses and money for extra expenses.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.