Sun Festival Abu Simbel – Private day tour (All inclusive) from Aswan
The Great Temples of Ramses II were constructed to align with the sun twice a year. On the mornings of February 22nd and October 22nd, the rising sunbeams into the main chamber, illuminating three of four statues at the end of its corridor. It is no accident that the fourth remains obscured from the light; this is Ptah, the God of Darkness.
These two occasions have been taking place for over 3000 years on the banks of the Nile. The first to celebrate the anniversary of Ramses II and his ascension to the throne and the second, his birthday
Now is your chance to witness this captivating event for yourself.
• Private tour from Aswan to Abu Simbel
• Pick up and drop off to your preferred hotel
• Travel in air conditioned comfort
• Private Egyptologist tour guide
• Be one of the few who get to witness this incredible event
• Cold drinks provided
• Passport required on the day
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- • Private Egyptologist tour guide
- Bottled water - In-van
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Lunch - In-van lunch-box
- Private transportation
- Snacks - In-van
- Soda/Pop - In-van
- Entry/Admission - Abu Simbel Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- Pick-up from outside of Aswan City
- Temple camera fee
- anything other than what mentioned above in the inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abu Simbel Temple Complex, Abu Simbel, Abu Simbel Egypt
We start with a 12.30 am pick up from your hotel or Cruise in order to avoid the hottest part of the day.
It is a 3 ½ hour drive so guests can rest up before arrival.
You will visit the Great Temple of Ramses II and the Small Temple of Hathor and Neferati.
Guests will have plenty of time to enjoy the temples.
After finishing your visit, you will be driven back to your original departure point.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Nasser, Egypt
Lake Nasser is a vast reservoir in southern Egypt and northern Sudan. It is one of the largest man-made lakes in the world.
Departure Point :Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick time will be organised at least one day prior and the pickup will be from the front of the Hotel specified by the traveler/s.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/9/2020 - 8/6/2022
2/9/2020 - 8/6/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:30 AM - 10:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 12:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.