Sunset at the Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
Join our half day tour to Cape Sounion and experience a breathtaking sunset at the unique temple of Poseidon, the God of the Seas in ancient times.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and licenced guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels)
- One glass of wine per adult
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
Our tour starts with a wonderful drive along the Athens Rivera. During this relaxing ride you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that. After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up/drop off service from/to Athens centrally located hotels.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Departure time of the tour depends from sunset time and is as following: 1-18 May at 17:45, 21 May-8 Jun at 18:00, 11 Jun-21 Jul at 18:15, 23 Jul-17 Aug at 17:45, 20 Aug-7 Sep at 17:15, 10 Sep-21 Sep at 17:00, 24 Sep-30 Sep at 16.45.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people (50% of bus capacity). We provide all participants with whisper audio devices which are thoroughly sanitized from our staff, as well as inside the charging cases with UVC lights. Sanitizing dispensers are available at the ticket office for use before departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.