Suzhou Private Tour featuring Kun Opera Museum, the No.1 Silk Factory and More
Suzhou is not only a famous historical and cultural city with a blend of classical gardens and tiny canal-side streets, but also the silk capital of China. The itinerary includes Suzhou Museum, Pingjiang Road, Kunqu Opera Museum, Xiangmen Gate, Master-of-Nets Garden and the No.1 Silk Factory. Let Five Star Tours be your guide in this amazing trip!
1. Visit Suzhou Museum and learn about Suzhou's history and culture
2. Take a boat along canal to Pingjiang Road and enjoy local lifestyle
3. Stroll on Ancient City Gate - Xiangmen Gate
4. Visit Master-of-Nets Garden
5. Visit the No.1 Silk Factory, learn about silk history and the whole process of silk production
6. Get local tips and insights from your guide
7. Enjoy delicious local food for lunch
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Vegetarian, Western and Local Speciality options are available, please advise at time of booking.
- Private transportation
- Professional guide
- Pick up and drop off service
- Admission to the indicated attractions
- Entry/Admission - Master-of-Nets Garden
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Suzhou Museum, 204 Dongbei Jie, Pingjiang District, Suzhou 215000 China
Your tour guide will be welcoming you at your hotel or Suzhou Railway Station at 09:00 a.m. Then, transfer to Suzhou Museum and start the one-day Suzhou tour.
Suzhou Museum is an attractive place famous for its rare cultural relics and unique architectural style. Suzhou Museum’s designer, I.M. Pei, an internationally recognized and award-winning architect, traveled back to his hometown to design and build one of Suzhou’s most popular attractions.
The museum exhibits a vast collection of ancient ceramics, cultural relics and woodcarvings, and the handsome lotus pool at the museum’s center is a highlight there.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pingjiang Road, Pingjiang District, Suzhou China
Take a boat along along canal to Pingjiang Road and enjoy local lifestyle.
The epitome of the ancient city of Suzhou. With the length of 1,606 meters, Pingjiang Road is a stone route with a river flowing across it. Here, bridges across the river, houses with white walls and black roofs built along the stone road, and the old walking leisurely, which presents the traditional Suzhou local life. Because of its nostalgic style, Pingjiang Road becomes the symbol of Suzhou ancient city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kun Opera Museum, No.14 Zhongzhangjia Alley, Pingjiang District, Suzhou 215005 China
Kun Opera considered as “ancestor of Chinese operas” is one of the oldest extant forms of Chinese opera and it evolved from the Kunshan melody has been listed as one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO since 2001.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Xiangmen, Gusu District, Suzhou, China
Xiangmen Gate is located in the east of Suzhou, near the city moat.It is one of eight gates of Suzhou Ancient City.This area was once a gathering place for various kinds of craftsmen. Strolling on Xiangmen Gate is a fantastic experience as the Gate has a beautiful sceneryl and is a window of knowing ancient Suzhou.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Master-of-Nets Garden, No.11 Kuojiatou Alley, Daichengqiao Road, Canglang District, Suzhou 215006 China
Master-of-Nets Garden is a typical masterwork among the mansion gardens in Suzhou as well as a typical dwelling place for officials in Suzhou in the Qing Dynasty. It is less than one sixth of the Humble Administrator’s Garden in terms of area, but fully illustrates the great gardening craftsmanship of creating magnificent scenery within a limited area by scattering bridges, brooks, pavilions and buildings in a smart layout.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Suzhou, Suzhou, Jiangsu
This will be the last stop of the tour - No.1 Silk Factory of Suzhou.
The silk is always a famed representative of the ancient city of Suzhou, while the No.1 Silk Factory is just shinning card of the Suzhou silk. Built in 1926, the present No.1 Silk Factory of Suzhou is not only a workshop for silk reeling, weaving and products manufacture, but also a site for factory tour of silk knowledge and silk shopping.
In No.1 Silk Factory, the tourist project is a comprehensive one with knowledge, culture and participation, in which visitors can watch the overall process of silk products from the manual peeling of the cocoons to the drawing producing, and even take part in the process.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will pick you up from hotels centrally located in Suzhou.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian, Western and Local Speciality options are available, please advise at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.